- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Upper GI surgery
I trained and qualified in London in 1985.
I undertook my surgical training in London, Leicester, Newcastle and Glasgow. I passed my FRCS in London in 1989 and my Master of Surgery in 1996.
I started as a Consultant in The Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn in 1998.
Areas of interest
Hernias, including inguinal hernias, epigastric hernias, incisional hernias and hiatus hernia repairs;
Upper gastro-intestinal disease; Endoscopic procedures; Laparoscopic procedures ('keyhole surgery'); ERCP (Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography)
In growing toe -nail surgery;Lipomas and sebaceous cyst removals.
- Emma Woodhouse NHS secretary senior PA
- Queen Elizabeth Hospital Gayton Road KING'S LYNN PE30 4ET
- 01553 613905
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr James Stimpson Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Queen Elizabeth Hospital King's Lynn NHS Foundation Trust Gayton Road King's Lynn Norfolk PE30 43T
Honorary Consultant Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals Colney Norwich NR4 7UY
I play the cello.I enjoy travelling and spending time with my family and friends.
- MB BS University of London 1985
- FRCS Royal College of Surgeons England 1989
- MS University of London 1996
- Intercollegiate Specialty Exam in General Surgery Intercollegiate Board in General Surgery Edinburgh 1997
Reference number 3084371
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Representative of East Anglia region Association of Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeons 2015
Details of entry to specialist register
- Intercollegiate Board in General Surgery Edinburgh , 1997
Affiliations / memberships
Association of Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeons
British Medical Association
- BMI The Sandringham Hospital, PE30 4HJ
- 17:00 - 20:00
- 01485 520735
- Department of General Surgery Queen Elizabeth...
- 11:30 - 12:00
- 01485 520735
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
01485 520 735