- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Accepting new patients
- Available for:
- Face-to-face consultations
- Phone consultations
Last updated: 14 Aug 2020
Mr Maini is a Consultant Maxillofacial Surgeon. He is qualified in both medicine and dentistry and completed his higher surgical training in East Grinstead, Brighton and Eastbourne.
Mr Maini holds NHS Consultant contracts at Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals, Queen Victoria Hospital in East Grinstead and at Eastbourne Hospital. He consults on the full range of oral and maxillofacial conditions at Nuffield Health Brighton Hospital.
Mr Maini has an interest in management of skin cancer, and is a member of the multidisciplinary skin cancer team. He works with consultant orthodontists to provide jaw surgery to correct facial disproportion. He has a special interest in facial feminisation surgery (FFS), and was trained by Keith Altman who has a national and international reputation in the field.
Areas of interest
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery; Facial Skin Surgery; Head and Neck Skin Surgery; Facial feminisation surgery (FFS); Orthognathic surgery; Jaw Surgery; Genioplasty; Wisdom tooth extractions; Dental extractions; Oral pathology; Skin Grafts; Facial Reconstructive surgery; Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) problems; Salivary Gland Surgery.
- Gill Kohls
- Nuffield Health Brighton Hospital Warren Road Brighton BN2 6DX
- 01273 627055
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon at Royal Sussex County Hospital Brighton, Queen Victoria Hospital East Grinstead and Eastbourne Hospital.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2019
- Member of the Faculty of Dental Surgeons Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2006
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery University of Glasgow 2011
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery University of Glasgow 2004
- Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Education Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow/ABP 2014
Reference number 7134164
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- FRCS Examination Board Representative, Fellows in Training Joint Committee on Intercollegiate Examinations 2019
Details of entry to specialist register
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 2019
Affiliations / memberships
Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
Fellow of the British Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
Member of the British Medical Association
Registered Specialist in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, General Medical Council
Registered Dental Surgeon General Dental Council
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
01273 624488 Nuffield Brighton Hospital