- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Unable to accept new patients
Last updated: 6 Sep 2020
Dr Lubna Karim is a Consultant Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist practicing in Surrey. In addition to her NHS practice, she runs private clinics in Guildford and Esher for children and young people aged 9 to 18.
As a Child Psychiatrist, she is a medical doctor and is able to diagnose conditions and prescribe medications.
Dr Karim studied medicine at Guy's, King's and St Thomas's medical school, University of London, where she was awarded the Barber's Academic Scholarship. She completed her core psychiatry training at the Royal Free Hospital and University College Hospital, London. After this, she completed her specialist training in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry in South West London and Surrey.
In addition to her private practice, she works as a Consultant in NHS Surrey & Borders' Child & Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) in Guildford.
Dr Karim is a member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists and holds full registration with the General Medical Council.
Dr Karim's qualifications include:
- Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists (MRCPsych)
- Specialist Register for Child & Adolescent Psychiatry (GMC)
- Approved Clinician and S12 (2) doctor within the Mental Health Act 1983
- Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists Development Peer Group
- Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (ADOS) trained
- General Medical Council Full Registration
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), University of London
- Bachelor or Science (BSc), University of London
- Barber's Academic Scholarship (University of London)
Areas of interest
I treat a wide range of conditions including:
- Behavioural Difficulties, including those in the context of ASD and ADHD
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Sleep Difficulties
- Medication Reviews (including antidepressants, anti-anxiety medicines, melatonin for sleep disorders and others).
I offer assessments for the diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder (ASD), for which I carry out a multidisciplinary ADOS assessment with a Clinical Psychologist, and assessments for the diagnosis of ADHD. I carry out ASD and ADHD assessments for children and young people aged 6 to 18.
Please note that I do not treat eating disorders or tics in my private practice.
I treat children and young people aged 9 to 18 (other than for ASD and ADHD assessments, for which I see children and young people aged 6 to 18).
- The Administrative Team
- Esher Groves 13-17 Church Street Esher KT10 8QS
- 01372 376776
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist, NHS Surrey & Borders' Child & Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) in Guildford, Surrey
I have 2 children of my own and so understand the modern day challenges of parenting.
- MRCPsych Royal College of Psychiatrists 2012
- BSc Guy's, King's and St Thomas's medical school, University of London 2004
- MBBS Guy's, King's and St Thomas's medical school, University of London 2007
Reference number 6159438
- Brighter Spaces54 Quarry StreetGuildfordGU1 3UA
- 17:30 - 21:30
- 01372 376776
- Esher Groves13-17 Church StreetEsherKT10 8QS
- 08:30 - 16:30
- 01372 376776
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.