- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional is currently treating patients. Please speak to them to find out more about their availability.
Last updated: 12 Nov 2020
Skin Analytics is a service that allows you to have moles or skin lesions checked for signs of skin cancer from the comfort of your own home. You choose where and when – there’s no need to travel to a clinic for an appointment.
A dermatologist will assess any suspicious moles or skin lesions within three working days of registering with us, using images you take with an assessment kit (a special smart phone and skin imaging lens) that we’ll send you.
HOW IT WORKS:
To use this service, you’ll need to have access to the internet and be able to use a smart phone that we’ll send you to take an image of the mole(s) you’re concerned about. If you can’t reach it (for example it’s on your back), you’ll need someone else to help you do this.
1. Contact your usual Bupa helpline to authorise an assessment with us.
2. Bupa will give you a link so that you can register for your assessment on our website.
3. We’ll send you an assessment kit in the post. Follow the enclosed instructions to take images of the mole(s) or lesion(s) that you’re concerned about then post the kit back to us.
4. Your images will be reviewed by a consultant dermatologist, using artificial intelligence (AI) to assist their decision, then your results will be shared with you by email. If you need a referral, a clinician will call to explain the next steps.
WHO CAN USE THIS SERVICE:
This service is available to Bupa patients aged 18 if their policy covers it. However the service isn’t appropriate for all skin concerns. If any of the following apply, you’ll need a face-to-face appointment with a GP or dermatologist:
● Rashes or other skin conditions, like eczema or psoriasis
● More than three moles of concern
● Moles which are:
- Wider than 2cm
- Previously biopsied
- Beneath the nails, on the eyelid or inside the eyes, mouth or nose
- Significantly obscured by hair, or on tattoos or scars
- Wet, open or bleeding
- On intimate areas (covered by your underwear)
Areas of interest
Mole, Skin cancer, Skin lesion, Melanoma, Sun damage
, Non-melanoma Skin Cancer, teledermatoscopy
, Teledermatology, Dermatoscopy, Dermatology, SkinAnalytics, Teledermoscopy, Teledermatology
- Skin Analytics Admin