- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Video and telephone consultations
I was born and brought up on a farm in Dorset and educated at Canford School. He trained at St Bartholomew’s Hospital, London, qualifying in 1985. My Orthopaedic training was in London, on the Charing Cross Hospital Rotation; My Fellowship training was undertaken at the University of Louisville, Kentucky; Duke University, North Carolina and Sportsmed SA, Adelaide, Australia.
I was appointed as a consultant at Frimley Park Hospital in September 1997 and has worked there since that date.
I am a Fellow of the British Orthopaedic Association and a member of the British Association for Surgery of the Knee. My specialist interests are knee surgery, including arthroscopy, ligament reconstruction, osteotomy, patello femoral problems, joint replacement and revision joint replacement and primary hip replacement surgery.
I operates and consult at Clare Park Hospital and the Parkside Suite at Frimley Park Hospital. I am married to Sue with with 3 grown up daughters. His hobbies include sailing, skiing, shooting and old sports cars, particularly air cooled Porsches and Triumph TRs.
Areas of interest
• Knee surgery • Arthroscopy • Knee replacement surgery • Hip replacement surgery • Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction
- Louise Asker
- Spire Clare Park Hospital Clare Park Farnham GU10 5XX
- 01252 851200
- Lynne Berridge
- Joint Reaction Spire Clare Park Hospital Clare Park Farnham GU10 5XX
- 01252 851200
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Nicholas Dennison Fee Assured
- Dr Yevgen A Burov Not Fee Assured
- Dr Justin Woods Fee Assured
- Dr Samuel Pambakian Not Fee Assured
- Dr Madan Narayanan Fee Assured
- Dr Ahmed Barakat Fee Assured
- Dr Mark J Blackmore Not Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Frimley Health NHS Trust since Sept 1997
based at Frimley Park Hospital, Surrey
I am a keen sailor and a member of Seaview Yacht Club on the Isle of Wight.
I enjoy skiing generally in the French Alps
I have an interest in old sports cars especially air cooled Porsches and Triumph TRs
- FRCS Orth Royal College of Surgeons of England 1994
- FRCS Ed Royal College of Sugeons of Edinburgh 1989
- FRCS Eng Royal College of Surgeons of England 1989
- MBBS University of London 1985
- BSc University of London 1982
- Sports Medicine Fellowship Sportsmed SA, Adelaide, Australia 1997
- Sports Medicine Fellowship Duke University North Carolina, USA 1996
- Joint Replacement Fellowship University of Louisville, Kentucky, USA 1995
Reference number 3072808
Details of entry to specialist register
- Accreditation in Orthopaedic Surgery, 1997
Affiliations / memberships
British Orthopaedic Association
British Association of Surgery of the Knee
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.