- Fee assured
- Verified this account
You'll need to contact this healthcare professional to check their availability
- Applied Relaxation
- Behavioural Activation (BA)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Trauma focused CBT
- Video and telephone consultations
Areas of interest
Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD);
Pregnancy and birth;
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Physical disability
Current NHS consultant posts held
University College London Hospital
Howes, H., Mills, D.D. 2015. Compassionate mindfulness for staff in CAMHS. Clinical Psychology Forum.
McFarlane, F., Howes, H. 2012. Narrative approaches to group work: using the tree of life in a child and adolescent mental health service. Context. 120. 22-25.
Breton, S., Harrison, L., Howes, H. 2008. Introducing mindfulness in an adult mental health setting. Clinical Psychology Forum. 184. 23-27.
Howes, H., Workman, L. 2007. Male and female brains. Psychology Review. 12. 3. 17-22.
Howes, H., Benton, D., Edwards, S. 2005. Female body image following acquired brain injury. Brain Injury. 19. 6.403-416.
Howes, H. Benton, D.Edwards, S. 2005. Male body image following acquired brain injury. Brain Injury. 19. 2.179-197.
Howes, H.Benton, D., Edwards, S. 2005. Women’s experience of brain injury; an interpretative phenomenological analysis. Psychology and Health. 20.1.129-142.
- Psychology Honours BSc Degree Swansea University 2000
- Psychology PhD Doctorate Swansea University 2005
- Docorate in Clinical Psychology Cardiff University 2008
- EMDR EMDR works 2013
- Video Interaction Guidance VIGUK 2017
- KidsNet East London NHS Foundation Trust 2013
- Narrative Therapy Training Dr Glenda Fredman and the Homerton University Foundation NHS Trust 2018
Affiliations / memberships
British Psychological Society (BPS)
Health Care and Professional Council (HCPC)