- Fee assured
- Verified account
- CBT with Exposure and Response Prevention (CBT with ERP)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Trauma focused CBT
I am a highly specialist Chartered Clinical Psychologist with over 18 years clinical experience. I work for Leeds and York Partnership NHS Foundation Trust with adults who experience acute, severe, and enduring mental health difficulties.
I hold a doctorate in Clinical Psychology and am a member of the British Psychological Society (BPS). I am also a qualified Cognitive Behavioural Therapist, and have full British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP) accreditation. I also have additional training in Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR).
I offer private clinics in Leeds and provides therapy for a range of difficulties, including (but not limited to) Anxiety, Depression, Sexual Abuse and Trauma, Borderline Personality Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Psychosis and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
I regard myself as a thoughtful and conscientious professional, who is easy to relate to and very approachable.
Areas of interest
Anxiety; Depression; Sexual Abuse and Trauma, Borderline Personality Disorder; Obsessive Compulsive Disorder; Psychosis; Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
Current NHS consultant posts held
Senior Clinical Psychologist
Acute Inpatient Service
Leeds and York Partnership Foundation NHS Trust
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Spanish - Basic
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology University of Manchester 2006
- Certificate in Postgraduate Professional Development: Personality Impairment Teesside University 2017
- Postgraduate Diploma: Cognitive Behavioural Therapy University of Hull 2014
- Postgraduate Certificate in Professional Practice in Mental Health Law Northumbria University 2019
- BSc(Hons) Human Psychology Aston University 1999
- Eye Movement Desensitisation & Reprocessing (Parts 1-4) EMDR Works 2012
- National Advanced Communication Skills Training Programme NHS 2009
- Clinical Supervisor Training University of Leeds / British Psychological Society 2010
Affiliations / memberships
British Psychological Society
British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies
Register of Applied Psychology Supervisors
- Insight Therapy Centre, 67 Hilton Road, Leeds,...
- 17:00 - 21:00
- 07394 470900
- WeAreWellness, 2 North Hill Road, Leeds, LS6 2EN
- 13:30 - 19:00
- 07394 470900
Post treatment communication
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Dr Simon Kennedy: 07394 470900
Other ways of contacting me
I can be contacted directly using Skype. My Skype ID is: simon.kennedy1