- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Accepting new patients
- Available for:
- Phone consultations
- Video consultations
Last updated: 9 Jun 2020
Mr. Ahmed is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon in Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust.
He graduated from University of Sheffield’s Medical School in 2008. He completed his Higher Surgical Training in Trauma & Orthopaedics in Kent, Surrey and Sussex. He then went on to gain international experience in Toronto to further sub-specialise in lower limb arthroplasty. Following this, he worked at University College London Hospital gaining significant experience in complex hip and knee replacements, revision hip surgery and robotic hip and knee arthroplasty. During his fellowship he performed a high volume of robotic joint replacements. He also has a specialist interest in managing prosthetic joint infections.
He has widely published in several peer reviewed journals and has also presented at international orthopaedic meetings in Canada, Switzerland, Portugal and India. A list of his most recent publications can be found here: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Syed_Ahmed238/publications
He is an active member of the British Orthopaedic Association, British Hip Society and European Hip Society.
1. The British Hip Society Travelling Fellowship. He was one of two orthopaedic surgeons to be awarded the prestigious BHS Fellowship in 2019. This gave him the unique opportunity to gain experience at the internationally renowned Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) in New York.
2. Current Concepts in Joint Replacement Scholarship to attend their meeting in Florida, USA – December 2019.
3. European Hip Society Travelling Fellowship Invited to visit specialist orthopaedic units in Italy.
He is keen to teach junior trainees and has previously lectured on Master’s Programmes at University College London and Canterbury Christ Church University. He is an Advanced Trauma Life Support Instructor and a tutor on the Basic Surgical Skills course for the Royal College of Surgeons.
Mr. Ahmed ensures that he uses the latest in hip and knee technology and has a specific interest in enhanced recovery and minimally invasive surgery.
Areas of interest
Hip Replacement; Minimally invasive hip replacement; Revision Hip Replacement; Hip Arthroscopy; Knee Replacement; Knee Arthroscopy; Enhanced Recovery; Periprosthetic Fracture Management and Lower Limb Trauma.
- Ms Rebecca Thompson
- Fordcombe Road Fordcombe Tunbridge Wells TN3 0RD
- 01892 741164
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant in Trauma & Orthopaedics,
Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust.
Robotic Hip and Knee Replacement
Prosthetic Joint infection
Minimally invasive hip replacement
- FRCS (Tr & Orth) Royal College of Surgeons, England 2017
- MSc in Trauma & Orthopaedics University of Brighton 2018
Reference number 7014758
Affiliations / memberships
British Orthopaedic Association
British Hip Society
European Hip Society
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.