- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Accepting new patients
- Available for:
- Face-to-face consultations
- Phone consultations
Last updated: 19 May 2020
- Gynaecological oncology
Dr McComiskey is a subspecialty trained gynae oncological surgeon. For this reason he receives referrals from consultant colleagues in all hospitals in Northern Ireland for women to have their surgery under his care.
Having trained at the world-famous Christie Hospital in Manchester, Dr McComiskey is now uniquely placed to offer a wide-ranging service involving the assessment and treatment of a range of gynaecological conditions. He has an impressive research and education portfolio, culminating in being nominated for the title of “RCOG UK trainer of the year”. He has many academic publications to date including citable research publications and abstracts. Dr McComiskey has also travelled across Europe and North America to give oral presentations of his research as well as to lecture and mentor on surgical courses.
Upon consulting Dr McComiskey, you can be assured of being treated with the utmost respect and dignity and being kept informed at all stages of your journey. You may undergo tests such as blood tests, scans or biopsies to gain all the relevant information to reach a diagnosis. You will then be offered a range of potentially non-surgical and surgical options as part of your treatment plan.
Areas of interest
General gynaecology; gynaecological oncology; suspect gynae cancer; confirmed gynae cancer; pelvic masses; bloating; raised CA125 blood test; bleeding after the menopause; menstrual dysfunction; period problems; endometriosis; adenomyosis; fibroids; ovarian cysts; pelvic pain; colposcopy; smear tests; pain with intercourse; HRT issues; contraception advice; mirena coil insertion; copper coil insertion; well-woman screening; vulval skin problems; vulval lumps; early pregnancy scanning less than 12 weeks’ gestation;
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr James C Stanley Fee Assured
- Dr David McNamee Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant gynaecological oncologist and gynaecological surgeon
Belfast HSC Trust
Obstetrics and gynaecology
Family and friends
• OLM travel scholarship – UO&G society Oct 2015
• Cancer stream poster presentation prize – BICOG Jun 2010
• Ethicon Prize Ulster O&G Society (Runner-up) - Autumn 2009
• Best innovative practice presentation – GERF Mar 2009
• Shortlisted for RCPI Registrar’s Prize – Feb 2008
• Uterotonics for non-emergent caesarean section: protocol change during UK-licensed shortage. Malone C, Acheson JR, Hinds J, McComiskey MH. Ulster Medical Journal 2016; 85(3): 174-77.
• Preoperative HBA1c and risk of postoperative complications in patients with gynaecological cancer. Iavazzo C, McComiskey M, Datta M, Ryan M, Kiernan J, Winter-Roach B, Slade R, Smith M. Archives of Gynecology and Obstetrics 2016; 294(1): 161-4.
• Balloon cell urethral melanoma: differential diagnosis and management. McComiskey M, Iavazzo C, Datta M, Slade R, Winter-Roach B, Lambe G, Sangar VK, Smith M. Case Reports in Obstetrics and Gynecology. Epub 2015 Jul 14.
• Amnioreduction in a singleton pregnancy: A systematic review. Thompson A, Mone F, McComiskey M, Ong S. Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. 2013; 33(8):764-7
• Diagnostic accuracy of magnetic resonance imaging in endometrial cancer. McComiskey MH, McCluggage WG, Grey A, Harley I, Dobbs S, Nagar HA; International Journal of Gynecological Cancer 2012; 22(6): 1020-1025
• Radical excision of vulval disease and multidisciplinary tissue flap reconstruction: The Belfast Experience. McComiskey MH, Robinson A, Hoo C, Khan K, Price JH; International Journal of Gynecological Cancer 2012; 22(2): 323-327
• Peritoneal bile granulomas identified at cesarean section and mimicking disseminated malignancy. McVeigh G, McComiskey M, McCluggage WG; International Journal of Surgical Pathology 2012; 20(1): 89-91
• Laparoscopic Removal of Abdominal Cervical Cerclage. McComiskey MH, Dornan JC, Hunter DC; Ulster Medical Journal 2006; 75(3): 228-30
• Neonatal ICU admissions of children conceived following assisted reproductive technology. McComiskey MH, Patterson C, Stevenson M, Cooke IE; Archives of Diseases in Childhood Fetal and Neonatal Edition 2013; 98 (Supp 1) A9
• Childhood hospital admissions of children conceived following assisted reproductive technology. McComiskey MH, Patterson C, Stevenson M, Cooke IE; Archives of Diseases in Childhood Fetal and Neonatal Edition 2013; 98 (Supp 1) A16
• Surgical management of ectopic pregnancy in NI – a multi-centre analysis.
Hunter D, McComiskey M; Gynecological Surgery 2011; 8 (Suppl 1): S205
Courses offered to GPs
Heavy menstrual bleeding
Other topics upon request
- MD QUB 2014
- MRCOG RCOG 2013
- Subspecialty gynaecological oncology training Manchester 2016
Reference number 6039175
Details of entry to specialist register
- Obstetrics and gynaecology, 2016
Affiliations / memberships
British Society of Gynaecological Endoscopy
- 2 Main StreetHILLSBOROUGHBT26 6AE
- 14:00 - 18:00
- 028 9268 8899
- 801-815 Lisburn RoadBelfastBT9 7GX
- 18:00 - 21:00
- 028 9066 7878
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Dr MH McComiskey