- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Accepting new patients
- Available for:
- Phone consultations
- Video consultations
Last updated: 3 Jun 2020
- Video and telephone consultations
I am a clinical psychologist with over 15 years’ experience of working in the NHS. I have a particular interest in the area of physical health and how changes in this influence our emotional wellbeing. I gained my qualification in Clinical Psychology in 2009.
Psychological and emotional wellbeing are areas that I have been interested in for most of my adult life. My preferred style of working is one of collaboration, where we work together to understand your difficulties, and find a way forward that best suits you.
I have experience of working with a range of psychological difficulties and physical health conditions. For the past few years I have also specialised in the field of cancer.
I offer individualised psychological assessments and interventions, using a range of psychological approaches, to both individuals and couples.
I can offer support with:
- low mood/depression
- confidence/low self-esteem
- bereavement and loss
- sleep difficulties
- adjustment and coping with physical healthcare conditions
- relationship difficulties
- identity difficulties
- loss of meaning and purpose
Areas of interest
adults; physical health; cancer; palliative care; ACT; CBT; Mindfulness; Existential; relationship difficulties; identity; meaning and purpose
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Gynaecological disorders
Current NHS consultant posts held
Lead clinical psychologist in cancer services - Swindon, UK
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Swedish - Native or bilingual
- Greek, Modern - Fluent
- Lagerdahl, Moynihan & Stollery (2014). An exploration of the existential experiences of patients following curative treatment for cancer: Reflections from a UK sample. Journal of Psychosocial Oncology.
- Lagerdahl, Dutch & Hebden (2014). Evaluation of a psychotherapeutic group after treatment for cancer. Cancer Nursing Practice.
- Lagerdahl, Moynihan & Stollery (2017). Existential support needs following cancer treatment with curative intent. Cancer Nursing Practice.
- Exley & Lagerdahl (2018). Understanding the experiences of cancer survivors: The need for a more holistic outcome measure. Clinical Psychology Forum.
- Doctor of Clinical Psychology University of Plymouth 2009
- MSc in Neuropsychology University of Bristol 2005
- BSc (Hons) Psychology Coventry University 2003
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.