- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Foot & Ankle
I've been a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon for 16 years and a Doctor for 29 years. I know how to operate but more importantly I also know when not to when other treatments are available!
Areas of interest
Hip, Knee Surgery & Ankle Surgery (Joint Replacement -Arthroplasty, Fracture Care & High Tibial Osteotomy);
Reconstructive surgery - Knee and Ankle Ligament Injury (ACL Replacement & Ankle (ATFL/CFL) Ligament Repair and Reconstruction Surgery;
Knee & Ankle keyhole surgery, Cartilage regeneration techniques; Lower limb disorders; Sports injuries; Achilles Tendon, Compartment Syndrome, Shin Splints; Forefoot surgery - bunions, hammer or claw toes, Mortons Neuroma, Ingrowing toenails.
- Sameena Kauser
- BMI Priory Hospital Priory Road Edgbaston Birmingham B5 7UG
- 0121 446 1660
- My Website (or just google me....!): http://www.orthopaedic-clinic.co.uk
Current NHS consultant posts held
Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham
Trauma Physiology - My other post is as Senior Lecturer in Trauma Physiology. Team Dynamics in Surgery, training UK Humanitarian Disaster Response teams
Skiing, Hill Walking, Running!
Silver Merit Award
(Additional) Languages spoken
45 Pubmed Cited Publications
Courses offered to GPs
Examination of the Knee and Ankle. Ligament Injuries. Joint Surgery in the Young and Active. Microfracture vs Cartilage Transplantation. Lessons Learnt from Afghanistan.
- MB BCh BAO Queens University Belfast 1985
- FRCSEd Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh 1991
- FRCSOrth Intercollegiate Board in Orthopaedics 1997
- FIMC Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh 2001
- Trauma Fellowship R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center 1995
Reference number 3054820
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Intercollegiate Examiner in Orthopaedics Intercollegiate Board 2013
Details of entry to specialist register
- Trauma & Orthopaedics, 1998
Affiliations / memberships
Combined Services Orthopaedic Society
- BMI Woodlands Hospital, DL1 4PL
- 08:30 - 19:00
- 07976 981339
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Mr Paul Parker