- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Short Term Psychodynamic Therapy
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
I am an experienced Child and Young People's Counsellor and Integrative Psychotherapist with Adults practising in Harpenden, Hertfordshire. I practise integrative therapy which means I am experienced in working with several approaches. I draw on Psychodynamic, Psychotherapy, Cognitive behavioural therapy and Brief Solution focused therapy. When appropriate I also include Art therapy and Play therapy. Working integratively enables me to offer the type of therapy, or combination of therapies that is most appropriate for the particular needs of each client.
My experience has been gained over many years in various settings such as NHS (Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service, Adult Primary Mental Health Service), Local Authority, EAP providers, charities, counselling agencies and my private practice.
I work with children from the age of 5, young people, adults and couples. I currently work as a School counsellor/psychotherapist for Children's Specialist Services for Hertfordshire County Council and as an affiliated counsellor for various EAP providers.
• Masters Degree in Contemporary Therapeutic Counselling
• University Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling
• Certificate in Therapeutic Counselling
• Certificate in Solution Focused Brief Therapy
• Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
• Specialised training in Children and Adolescents Therapy
• Specialised training in drugs and alcohol addictions
• Certificate in Couples Counselling
• Certificate in Groupwork training
I have further training in art therapy and play therapy.
Areas of interest
- Master Degree in Contemporary Therapeutic Counselling University of Hertfordshire 2011
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- BACP Accredited Therapist BACP 2020
Affiliations / memberships
EAP (Optima Health)
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.