- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Accepting new patients
- Available for:
- Face-to-face consultations
Last updated: 7 Sep 2020
- Gynaecological oncology
I am a Consultant Gynaecologist and Gynaecological Oncologist at the Belfast Health and Social Care Trust, based at the Belfast City Hospital. I specialise in treating women with gynaecological cancers.
My special interests include the care of women with benign gynaecological conditions such as; pelvic pain, vaginal discharge, ovarian cysts, abnormal smears, cancer screening, vulval health including and menopausal health.
In particular, I am a specialist in keyhole surgery including laparoscopic hysterectomy, difficult pelvic surgery and colposcopy for abnormal smears. I also have an interest in optimising sexual function after treatment for cancer.
Areas of interest
Laparoscopy ('keyhole surgery'); including Hysterectomy, removal of tubes and ovaries.
Abnormal smears & Colposcopy (examination of cervix and vagina);
Difficult pelvic surgery;
Sexual Function after Cancer treatment
Female Genital Mutilation
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr David McNamee Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Gynaecological Oncologisy and Gynaecologist at the Belfast Health and Social Care Trust, Belfast City Hospital.
I have a keen interest in clinical research and also collaborate as part of the Northern Ireland Gynae oncology centre in lab based translational research for gynaecological cancers. My MD project investigated the role of potassium channels in ovarian cancer.
• MB ChB University of Glasgow 2004
• MD in Molecular Oncology Queens University of Belfast 2017
• Subspecialist Accreditation in Gynaecological Oncology Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists 2016
• Accredited Colposcopist BSCCP (UK) 2015
I have over 20 publications of original articles, case studies and abstracts. I have regular poster and oral presentations at National and International meetings.
Reference number 6101278
Details of entry to specialist register
- Elaine Craig/ Subspecialist Gynae oncology, 2016
Affiliations / memberships
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
• Memberships of:
• Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists, London 2010
• British Gynaecological Cancer Society BGCS
• European Society of Gynaecological Oncologists ESGO
- 245 Stranmillis RoadBELFASTBT9 5JH
- 13:30 - 17:00
- 028 9066 1212
- 801-815 Lisburn RoadBelfastBT9 7GX
- 18:00 - 20:30
- 028 9066 7878
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details