- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Breast specialist
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Accepting new patients
- Available for:
- Face-to-face consultations
- Phone consultations
- Video consultations
Last updated: 15 Apr 2020
- Breast surgery
- Breast specialist
Prof. Zoe Winters is an established Senior Consultant Breast Cancer Surgeon. An experienced, highly regarded, nationally recognised breast surgeon specialist based in London specialising in the diagnosis, management and treatment of breast cancer.
Currently based at the Lister Hospital (part of HCA Healthcare), Chelsea Bridge Road, London.
All patients are given a high quality, individual service through a One-Stop Breast Clinic. A Radiologist and a Pathologist will ensure breast imaging such as mammogram and ultrasound and/or tissue biopsy will occur on the same day. Most of the time, patients are given a diagnosis at their first consultation.
Professor Zoe Winters was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence
2019 for delivering outstanding care.
Prof. Winters performs all types of breast cancer surgery and breast reconstructions using oncoplastic techniques within the remit of breast cancer treatments including the close collaboration with Consultant Plastic surgeons in more complex micro-vascular breast reconstructions. Prof. Winters can offer some patients immediate reconstruction, which is performed at the same time as your initial surgery. All options will be fully explored by Prof. Winters, to find the best solution for you.
Areas of interest
Breast pain; breast health care; Nipple discharge; Breast lump investigation; benign breast problems; Oncoplastic reconstructive surgery; Implant and mesh reconstructions; Oncoplastic breast conserving surgery; Therapeutic mammoplasty; Mastectomy; Cancer tests including BRCA1 /2 and extended genetics panel testing; Risk-reducing mastectomy; Sentinel lymph node biopsy; Breast cancer and it's biology; Modern breast imaging; Modern radiotherapy techniques
- University College London Department of Surgery and Interventional Science: https://iris.ucl.ac.uk/iris/browse/profile?upi=ZEWIN32
- Breast Cancer Consultant: https://www.breastcancerconsultant.co.uk/
Current NHS consultant posts held
Kingston NHS Foundation Trust
Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust
Research Director of clinical trials and quality of life in breast cancer surgery
Developed first European validated Patient Reported Outcome Questionnaire for Breast Reconstruction ( EORTC QLQ - BRECON23) in collaboration with the European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer
Chief Investigator of novel world first randomised controlled trials in breast surgery in collaboration with leading UK funding bodies
PhD in molecular biology of cancer
Healthy balanced mind and body
Honorary Chair in Breast Surgery - University College London Surgery and Interventional Trials Unit
King James IV Honorary Professorship in Surgery Research - Royal College of Surgeons of Eddinburgh
Zoe has been invited onto numerous national and international committees
Over 70 publications:
1. V Bjelic-Radisic, F. Cardoso, D. Cameron, E.Brain, K. Kuljanic, RA. de Costa, T. Conroy,
E. Inwald, S. Serpentini, M. Pinto, J. Weiss, O. Morag, G. Lindviksmoen Astrup, K.Tomaszweksi, K. Pogoda , ZE Winters, M. Sprangers, N. Aaronson, G. Velikova, E. Greimel, J. Arraras, A. Bottomley, on behalf of the EORTC Quality of Life Group and Breast Cancer Group. An international update of the EORTC questionnaire for assessing quality of life in breast cancer patients (EORTC QLQ-BR23)- EORTC QLQ-BR45. Ann. Oncology 2020 Feb; 31(2):283 - 288.
2. Khajuria A, Charles WN, Prokopenko M, Beswick A, Pusic AL, Mosahebi A, Winters ZE. A systematic review and meta-analysis of the clinical and quality of life outcomes of immediate and delayed autologous abdominal micro-vascular flap breast reconstruction in the context of adjuvant and neoadjuvant radiotherapy. BJS Open 2019 Nov 11.doi: 10.1002/bjs5.50245.
3. Nava MB, Rocco N et al. An International consensus statement on current treatment recommendations for types and timings of breast reconstruction and radiotherapy: the Milan International Oncoplastic Breast Surgery Conference 2017 highlighting current gaps in knowledge.
Br J Surg. 2019 Jul 18. doi: 10.1002/bjs.11256.
4. Cutress RI, McIntosh SA, Potter S et al. on behalf of the Association of Breast Surgery Surgical Gap Analysis Working Group. Opportunities and priorities for breast surgical research. Lancet Oncol. 2018 Oct;19(10): e521-e533. doi: 10.1016/S1470-2045(18)30511-4.
5. Winters ZE and Bernaudo L. Evaluating the current evidence to support therapeutic mammoplasty or breast-conserving surgery as an alternative to mastectomy in the treatment of multifocal and multicentric breast cancers. Gland Surg. 2018 Dec;7(6):525-535. doi: 10.21037/gs.2018.07.01.
6. Oberguggenberger AS, Nagele E, Inwald E.C, Tomaszewski K.A, Lanceley A, Nordin A, Creutzberg C.L., Kuljanic K, Kardamakis D, Schmalz C, Arraras J, Costantini A, Almont TWei-Chu Chie, Dehandschutter S., Winters Z, Greimel E. Phase 1 to 3 of the cross-cultural development of an EORTC questionnaire for the assessment of sexual health in cancer patients: the EORTC SHQ-22. Cancer Med. 2018 Mar;7(3):635-645. doi: 10.1002/cam4.
7. Winters ZE and Benson J. The surgical treatment of multiple ipsilateral breast cancers (MIBC). British J. Surg. 2018 Br J Surg. 2018 Apr;105(5):466-468. doi: 10.1002/bjs.10738.
Courses offered to GPs
Breast health and care
Breast Pain and national treatment guidelines
Personalised Breast Cancer Genetics and expert referrals
Hormone Replacement Therapy and expert opinions and referrals
Implant related problems including rare implant related cancers called anaplastic large cell lymphoma (ALCL)
Outcomes (checked and approved by medical professional body)
Please click on this link if you would like to see information about this healthcare professional’s performance compared to their peers, as published by their medical professional body.https://www.iwantgreatcare.org/doctors/professor-zoe-winters
- FRCS Royal College of Surgeons England 2018
- FRCS Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 1986
- Senior Fellow in Higher Education Academy for Teaching University College London 2017
- Doctor of Philosophy (DPhil) University of Oxford 1999
Reference number 3037623
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Quality of Life Chair in Breast Reconstruction European Organisation of Research and Treatment 2017
- Board Member International Society of Quality of Life 2017
Affiliations / memberships
Association of Breast Surgery
British Breast Group
European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer
International Society of Quality of Life
- Chelsea Bridge RoadLONDONSW1W 8RH
- 14:00 - 17:00
- 020 7824 9364
- Chelsea Bridge RoadLONDONSW1W 8RH
- 09:30 - 11:00
- 020 7824 9364
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details