- Not Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Maternal and foetal medicine
Areas of interest
Maternal foetal medicine
- Helen Doran
- The London Maternity Centre 212-214 Great Portland Street LONDON W1W 5QN
- 020 7390 6327
- 020 7390 6345
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Richard W Arnold Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant in Obstetrics and Gynaecology (Jul 1994)
St. Mary’s Hospital, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, London.
Peer Reviewed Publications
• Wald N, Huttly WJ, Murphy KW, Ali K, Bestwick JP, Rodeck C. Antenatal screening for Down’s syndrome using the Integrated test at two London Hospitals. J Med Screen 2009;16, pp 7-10.
• Sur, S, Murphy KW, MacKenzie, IZ. Delivery after caesarean section: consultant obstetricians’ professional advice and personal preferences. J Obstet Gynaecol 2009: 29(3) 212-216.
• Yudkin PL, Johnson A, Clover, Murphy KW (1994). Clustering of perinatal markers of birth asphyxia and outcome at age five years. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 101: 774-781.
• Yudkin PL, Johnson A, Clover L, Murphy KW. (1995). Assessing the contribution of Birth Asphyxia to Cerebral Palsy in term singletons. Paediatric Perinatal Epidemiology 9: 156-170.
• Murphy KW (1995). Intrauterine Death in a Twin: Implications for the Survivor. In: Ward H, Whittle M (Eds). Chapter in: Proceedings of the RCOG Study Group in Multiple Pregnancy. London RCOG Press, 218-230.
• MacAra L & Murphy KW (1994). The Contribution of Dystocia in Primiparae to the Caesarean Section Rate. Am J Obstet Gynaecol 171: 71-77.
• Murphy KW, Whitfield CR. Rhesus Disease in this Decade (1994). Contemporary Reviews in Obstetrics and Gynaecology 6: 61-67.
• Cameron AD, Murphy KW, McNay MB et al (1994) Midtrimester chorionic villous sampling: an alternative approach? Am J Obstet Gynaecol 171: 1035-1037.
• Murphy KW, Hanretty KP & Inglis G. (1993). Fetal catecholamine Responses to Vibroacoustic Stimulation. Am J Obstet Gynaecol 169: 1571-1577.
• Murphy KW, Russell V, Johnson P, Valente J (1992). Clinical assessment of fetal electrocardiogram monitoring in labour. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 99: 32-37.
• Rosen KG, Murphy KW. (1991). How to assess fetal metabolic acidosis from cord samples. J Perinat Med 19: 221-226.
• Murphy KW, Russell V, Collins A, Johnson P (1991). The prevalence, aetiology and clinical significance of pseudosinusoidal FHR patterns in labour. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 98: 1093-1101.
• Murphy KW, Johnson P, Moorcraft J, Pattinson R, Russell V & Turnbull AC (1990). Birth Asphyxia and the Intrapartum Cardiotocogram. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 97: 470-479.
- MD NUI 1992
- FRCOG RCOG London 1999
- FRCPI RCPI Dublin 1999
- Sub-specialist Accreditation in Fetal Medicine RCOG 1992
- DCh RCPI 1984
Reference number 3023718
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- MDU Council Medical Defence Union London 2005
Details of entry to specialist register
- Mr Karl Murphy, 1985
Affiliations / memberships
1. Fellow of Royal Society of Medicine London
2. British Maternal & Fetal Medicine Society member
3. Medical Defence Union Council member since 2005
4. Independent Doctors Forum member since 2004
5. Member Chelsea Clinical Society
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Lindo Wing Emergency Tel No. for Booked patients only: 02033121608