- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Accepting new patients
- Available for:
- Phone consultations
Last updated: 30 Apr 2020
Orthopaedic Consultant surgeon since 1998, now in full time private practice after retiring from NHS appointment in Royal Victoria Hospital, Belfast.
Undergraduate at Edinburgh University followed by Orthopaedic training in Belfast with overseas training in New Zealand and Australia (2 years).
Provides Orthopaedic backup to Ulster rugby and Northern Ireland soccer professional teams.
Common surgical procedures in the knee include arthroscopy, ligament reconstruction and joint replacement.
Areas of interest
Knee surgery; Sports injuries of the knee.
- Grace Mooney
- The Belfast Knee Clinic 13 Ulsterville Avenue BELFAST BT9 7AS
- 028 9066 5517
- 028 9066 3328
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Thomas Mulholland Fee Assured
- FRCS(Ed) Edinburgh 1988
- FRCSEM (sports med) Ireland 2001
- FRCS (Orth) Edinburgh 1995
- Dip Sports Med Edinburgh 1991
- MD Queens University Belfast 1995
- B Sc (Hons) Physiology Edinburgh 1982
- MB ChB Edinburgh 1984
- Knee and Sports Medicine Fellow North Sydney Orthopedic and Sports Medicine 1996
- Orthopaedic Fellow Auckland, New Zealand 1990
Reference number 2983510
Details of entry to specialist register
- Trauma and Orthopedics, 1995
Affiliations / memberships
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Ulster Independent Clinic
Belfast Knee Clinic