- Fee assured
- Verified this account
I have worked as a Consultant Physician in General and Geriatric medicine for over 20 years. I have a special interest in the management of peri and post operative patients and set up an orthogeriatric service in my NHS hospital. In addition I have always had an interest in metabolic bone disease and my research was on Vitamin D in bone disease. I set up and lead the osteoporosis and metabolic bone service. I have a vast amount of experience in the management of all aspects of acute and geriatric medicine. In my 20 years of Consultant practice I have not had any serious untoward incidents in either my NHS or Private practice. I am an examiner for the Royal College of Physicians MRCP examination and a trainee for Specialist Registrars in General and Geriatric Medicine.
Areas of interest
• Osteoporosis • Orthopaedic medicine • Peri-operative care • Metabolic bone disease; Dementia • Parkinson's disease • Stroke medicine • Falls and funny turns • Multi-organ disease in older people • Frailty syndrome • Non-specific medical illnesses • General medical problems in old age
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Physician in General and geriatric Medicine
Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust.
Metabolic bone disease, osteoporosis and vitamin D
Team of the year for Orthogeriatrics team
Team of Teams award -Orthogeriatrics
Runner up Trust awards for tremendous achievement for my work in orthogeriatrics.
Courses offered to GPs
As a physician I do not have rates for peri-operative infections etc. My CFEP 360 feedback from patients shows excellent for all domains and my scores when compared to national results are in the upper quartile. A comment on my feedback forms was "I appreciated the unrushed approach and kindness"
- MBBCh University of Wales College of Medicine 1984
- MRCP Royal College of Physicians, London 1989
- MSc Gerontology Kings College London 1993
- FRCP Royal College of Physicians, London 2000
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Chair South West British Geriatrics Society British Geriatrics Society 2012
- Staff Governor Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust 2012
Details of entry to specialist register
- General( Internal) Medicine and Geriatrics, 1994
Affiliations / memberships
British Geraitrics Society
Royal College of Physicians
National Osteoprosis Society
Fragility Fracture Network
- Nuffield Health Taunton Hospital, TA2 6AN
- 14:00 - 18:00
- 01823 476320
- Parkside Ward Musgrove Park Hospital TAUNTON...
- 17:00 - 19:00
- 01823 343019
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
In emergency I can be contacted via:
Nuffield Health Taunton - 01823 476316
Parkside - 01823 343019