- Fee assured
- Verified this account
You'll need to contact this healthcare professional to check their availability
- CBT with Exposure and Response Prevention (CBT with ERP)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Schema focused therapy
- Trauma focused CBT
I am a Chartered and HCPC Registered Counselling Psychologist working with adults and young people (14+). I also work with individuals and couples struggling with sexual and relationship difficulties as an Accredited Psychosexual Therapist (AccCOSRT).
I have a special interest in Schema Therapy which focuses on understanding how early life experiences have contributed to emotional and relational difficulties that can be long-standing and complex.
I also work with those experiencing the effects of traumatic events, PTSD or Complex Trauma. I am qualified in EMDR therapy for both adults and young people.
Areas of interest
Schema Therapy; CBT; EMDR; Psychosexual Therapy
- Doctorate in Counselling Psychology (DPsych) Glasgow Caledonian University 2016
- Diploma in Psychosexual Therapy Relate Institute 2006
- BSc (Hons) Psychology Goldsmiths College, University of London 1998
- Schema Therapy Certification Training Schema Therapy Scotland 2018
- EMDR Practitioner Training - Levels 1,2 & 3 Sandi Richman EMDR Training UK 2018
- EMDR for Children & Young People Child Trauma Therapy Centre - Susan Darker-Smith 2020
- Foundation in Family Therapy & Systemic Practice Family Therapy Training Network, Glasgow 2016
Affiliations / memberships
HCPC Registered - PYL33914
British Psychological Society Chartered Member - 301678
College of Sexual & Relationship Therapy (COSRT) Accredited Member - 2128 / 584
Full Member of the International Society for Schema Therapy
Member of the EMDR Association of UK & Ireland
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.