- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Behaviour Therapy
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Motivational Interviewing
Dr. Tom Mountjoy is a Registered Clinical Psychologist and Chartered Psychologist with substantial experience across mental health, clinical health psychology, and neuropsychology settings.
He provides assessment and therapy input covering a range of psychological issues (including treatment for anxiety and depression, and other mental health conditions), as well as workplace difficulties. Tom has additional interests in acquired brain injury, neurological conditions, chronic health conditions, medically unexplained symptoms and neurological-like symptoms, and adjustment to living with disability.
In terms of therapeutic approach, he predominantly uses Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Cognitive Analytic Therapy (CAT) informed approaches but adopts an integrative style.
Areas of interest
Mental Health, including:
• Depression and low-mood
• Stress and adjustment to difficult life events
• Panic Attacks
• Self-esteem and assertiveness
• The psychological impact of living with physical health conditions such as neurological conditions (such as acquired brain injury, multiple sclerosis, brain tumours, stroke), chronic health conditions, and medically unexplained and neurological-like symptoms (such as non-epileptic attacks and functional movement disorders)
• Living with other difficulties related to health conditions, such as chronic pain and issues relating to self-identity
• Workplace stress management
• Developing resilience
• Managing work-life balance
• Specialist assessment and support
Tom works across West Yorkshire and sees individuals aged 18 upwards.
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Neurological disorders
- Pain management
- Psychophysiological disorders
- Physical disability
Joint Honours Prize in Psychology – Institute of Psychological Sciences, University of Leeds
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (D.Clin.Psychol) University of Leeds 2014
- Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Neuropsychology (PGDip) University of Glasgow 2018
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology & Sociology - Joint Honours (B.Sc. Hons.) - 1st Class University of Leeds 2009
- Civil Law and Procedure (Expert Witness training) Bond Solon 2019
- Excellence in Report Writing - Written Evidence (Expert Witness training) Bond Solon 2019
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Registered Clinical Psychologist Health and Care Professions Council 2014
- Chartered Psychologist (CPsychol.) British Psychological Society 2019
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.