- Fee assured
- Verified this account
You'll need to contact this healthcare professional to check their availability
- Paediatric respiratory medicine
Areas of interest
Dr Theofilos Polychronakis holds a substantive post as Consultant in Paediatric Respiratory Medicine in Addenbrooke’s University Hospital in Cambridge and has more than 10 years of clinical experience in Paediatrics. He trained at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki in Greece before moving to London in 2009. He completed a MSc in Allergy at Imperial College and trained in paediatrics in various London hospitals and has more than 10 years of clinical experience.
He undertook sub-speciality training in paediatric respiratory medicine at the Royal Brompton Hospital and in Cambridge. He trained in paediatric sleep medicine and long term ventilation as a senior fellow at Great Ormond street Hospital.
His clinical interests include paediatric sleep medicine, asthma, recurrent respiratory infections . He leads the Paediatric Sleep service in CUH and is a member of the asthma, Cystic Fibrosis and scoliosis multidisciplinary teams.
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant in Paediatric Respiratory medicine, Addenbrooke’s University Hospital, Cambridge
Asthma and allergy
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Greek, Modern - Native or bilingual
1. Kelly S, Selby L, Middleton C, Polychronakis T, McShane D. An analysis of vitamin K supplementation during the first 5 years of life in paediatric cystic fibrosis patients managed at Addenbrooke’s Hospital , Cambridge. European Cystic Fibrosis Society Conference, Belgrade, June 2018.
2. Keeley A, Polychronakis T, Ross-Russell R. Conservative management of complicated pneumonias in children. European Academy of Paediatrics, Ljubljana, 2017 (Poster).
3. Polychronakis T, Davies G, Francis J, Balfour-Lynn I. Susceptibility to Varicella Zoster in children with cystic fibrosis. J Cyst Fibros. 2014 May;13(3):353-4. doi: 10.1016/j.jcf.2014.01.012. Epub 2014 Feb 16.
4. Dewlett S, Polychronakis T, Ng G. “Look who’s talking”: how well are we communicating with parents in the Neonatal Unit? A Patient Survey. ESPNIC 2011, Hannover, 2011 (Poster).
5. Patiakas S, Chantzi K, Polychronakis T, Savvidis A, Pavlidou E. Study of smoking habits of Greek women in the duration of pregnancy and postpartum period. UENPS Congress Global Neonatology and Perinatology.Rome, 2008
Courses offered to GPs
GP talk at the Nuffield in Cambridge, 25/1/2020 on preschool wheeze and chronic cough
GP talk coming up at the Nuffield on 16/5/20 on obstructive sleep apnoea in children
- FRCPCH Royal College of Paediatrics and child health 2019
- MD Aristotle University of Thessaloniki 2006
- MSc (Allergy) Imperial College London 2011
- Paediatric HERMES European respiratory society 2018
Reference number 7011993
Details of entry to specialist register
- GMC specialist register, 2019
Affiliations / memberships
British Thoracic Society
European Respiratory Society
British Paediatric Respiratory Society
- 4 Trumpington RoadCAMBRIDGECB2 8AF
- 15:30 - 19:00
- 01223 853464
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.