- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional is currently treating patients. Please speak to them to find out more about their availability.
Last updated: 12 Nov 2020
- Paediatric respiratory medicine
Areas of interest
Dr Theofilos Polychronakis holds a substantive post as Consultant in Paediatric Respiratory Medicine in Addenbrooke’s University Hospital in Cambridge and has more than 10 years of clinical experience in Paediatrics. He trained at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki in Greece before moving to London in 2009. He completed a MSc in Allergy at Imperial College and trained in paediatrics in various London hospitals and has more than 10 years of clinical experience.
He undertook sub-speciality training in paediatric respiratory medicine at the Royal Brompton Hospital and in Cambridge. He trained in paediatric sleep medicine and long term ventilation as a senior fellow at Great Ormond street Hospital.
His clinical interests include paediatric sleep medicine, asthma, recurrent respiratory infections . He leads the Paediatric Sleep service in CUH and is a member of the asthma, Cystic Fibrosis and scoliosis multidisciplinary teams.
- CUH: https://www.cuh.nhs.uk/addenbrookes-hospital/services/paediatric-respiratory-service/meet-team/doctors
- Nuffield profile: https://www.nuffieldhealth.com/consultants/dr-theofilos-polychronakis
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant in Paediatric Respiratory medicine, Addenbrooke’s University Hospital, Cambridge
Asthma and allergy
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Greek, Modern - Native or bilingual
Courses offered to GPs
GP talk at the Nuffield in Cambridge, 25/1/2020 on preschool wheeze and chronic cough
GP "virtual" talk organised by the Nuffield on 20/7/20 on Covid-19 in children
- MD Aristotle University of Thessaloniki 2006
- MSc (Allergy) Imperial College London 2011
- FRCPCH Royal College of Paediatrics and child health 2019
Reference number 7011993
Details of entry to specialist register
- GMC specialist register, 2019
Affiliations / memberships
British Thoracic Society
European Respiratory Society
British Paediatric Respiratory Society
- 4 Trumpington RoadCAMBRIDGECB2 8AF
- 15:30 - 19:00
- 01223 853464
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.