- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Video and telephone consultations
Training in Bristol University and the South West, my areas of special interest are Hodgkin and Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma, general haematology and I am particularly active in clinical research. I am the regional lead for non-malignant haematology research for the NIHR clinical research network and the Department Lead for research in haematology at Royal Cornwall Hospital. I have written and published over thirty peer reviewed papers with a particular interest in mantle cell lymphoma. I have won a national award in research for my work including my contribution to HaemSTAR, a national research network for haematologists in training. I am also an enthusiastic teacher of evidence-based medicine and critical appraisal of scientific literature.
Areas of interest
Hodgkin lymphoma; Non-hodgkin Lymphoma; Chronic Lymphocytic leukaemia; general haematology.
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Haematologist, Royal Cornwall NHS Trust, Truro.
Lymphoma (Hodgkin and Non-Hodgkin); chronic lymphocytic leukaemia; general and non-malignant haematology.
I have published over thirty peer-reviewed papers and conference abstracts.
Walking, water-sports, family.
National Institute for Health Research and British Society for Haematology Researcher of the Year 2018.
Nominated for NIHR / South West Peninsular Resarch Team of the Year 2019 (awaiting result).
Written and published over 30 peer reviewed papers (request CV for comprehensive list).
Courses offered to GPs
The current management of lymphoma / CLL; clinical trials in haematology; advances in targeted medicines in haematology.
- MB ChB with Honours University of Bristol 2007
- BSc Medical Microbiology University of Newcastle upon Tyne 2000
- Master of Philosophy University of Plymouth 2017
- Fellow of the Royal College of Pathologists Royal college of pathology 2018
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians Royal College of Physicians 2010
Reference number 6156640
Details of entry to specialist register
- General Medical Council, UK - Specialist Register, 2019
Affiliations / memberships
British Society for Haematology, Member
- Department Of HaematologyRoyal Cornwall NHS...
- 16:00 - 18:00
- 01872 252506