- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Accepting new patients
- Available for:
- Phone consultations
- Video consultations
Last updated: 24 Apr 2020
- Applied Relaxation
- Behaviour Therapy
- Behavioural Activation (BA)
- Behavioural Couples Therapy
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Trauma focused CBT
- Video and telephone consultations
I offer both in-person and online therapy. I have over ten years’ experience working in the mental health sector, helping people overcome and manage their difficulties, be it in their personal or professional lives. I specialise in working with anxiety, depression, bereavement, health difficulties, and relationship counselling. I work with both adults and young people and can incorporate a number of different therapeutic approaches, including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, systemic therapy, Acceptance and Commitment therapy, schema therapy, and compassion focused therapy.
At the heart of all of my work is being collaborative and tailoring approaches to peoples’ specific needs. In an initial assessment I will listen to what you are struggling with, I’ll ask a number of questions so I can best understand what is going on for you, and I will propose a plan for moving forward.
Taking a first step to get help can be difficult, but it can also change your life for the better. I am happy to have sessions with clients on a weekly basis if warranted or needed. At the same time I will always work to helping you improve on your goals in the shortest time possible. Nobody wants to be in therapy eternally!
Areas of interest
Bereavement, grief, depression, anxiety, relationship counselling, couples counselling, health-conditions, long-term health conditions, oncology, mental health problems.
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Pain management
Current NHS consultant posts held
Kingston NHS Trust - Bereavement Therapist for the midwifery department
Bereavement, grief, compassion, group therapy.
1. Wild, J., Smith, K.V., Thompson, E., Bear, F., Lommen, M.J.J., Ehlers, A. (2016) A prospective study of pre-trauma risk factors for post-traumatic stress disorder and depression. Psychological Medicine, 46, 2571-2582.
2. Thompson, E.H. (2016). The Effects of Touch. In H. Olausson, & J. Wessberg (Eds.), Affective Touch and the Neurophysiology of Touch Afferents, pp. 341-353. New York: Springer.
3. Thompson, E.H. (2014). The Loss Foundation. Contemporary Psychotherapy, 6, 2.
4. Thompson, E., & Wild, J. (2012) PTSD in Emergency Service Workers: Prevalence, Risk Factors and Interventions. Encyclopaedia of Trauma, New Orleans: Sage Publications.
5. Thompson, E.H., & Hampton, J. A. (2011) The effect of relationship status on communicating emotions through touch. Cognition & Emotion, 25, 2, 295-306.
6. Smith, K., & Thompson, E. (2010) Beyond the Traditional in Psychology. 50/50 Magazine, Issue 2.
7. Thompson, E., & Smith, K. (2009) Pursuing Psychology. 50/50 Magazine, October issue.
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology University College London 2014
- Psychology BSc City University London 2008
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.