- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Paediatric immunology, infectious diseases & allergy
- Paediatric respiratory medicine
Qualifications: BM, MRCP (UK), FRCPCH, DM.
Qualified (Bachelor of Medicine) from Southampton University Medical School and training in paediatrics from 1985 onwards at several prestigious UK hospitals (including Southampton, Guys and St Thomas's, St George's, Royal Brompton and King's College). Specialist training in paediatric respiratory medicine and research experience at the Dept of Allergy & Clinical Immunology, Imperial College, London led to several papers and the award of DM from Southampton University (Doctor of Medicine- equivalent to a medical PhD) for my research there. Have been a consultant in Paediatrics with sub-specialty expertise in allergy and respiratory medicine since 1999. I have particular expertise in manging difficult asthma and all types of allergic disease in children (and can also advise and assess adults on conditions such as suspected food and venom allergies, anaphylaxis and urtcaria), Awarded Fellowship by the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health.
Areas of interest
Areas of specialist interest:
Allergy; Anaphylaxis; Urticaria; Allergic Rhinitis: all ages.
Paediatric respiratory diseases; Asthma; Children's health and illness: age 0 - 18 years only.
Procedures (where clinically indicated):
Allergen specific skin prick tests; management of anaphylaxis (including adrenaline auto-injector training)
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Paediatrician (Respiratory and Allergic Diseases)
Allergen Specific Immunotherapy for allergic diseases; inflammation and anti-inflammatory therapy in difficult asthma
Courses offered to GPs
Professional teaching / talks on management of allergic conditions or asthma or childhood respiratory infections for paediatricians / GPs / nurse practitioners provided if contacted
- Bachelor of Medicine University of Southmapton Medical Scool 1984
- Doctor of Medicine University of Southampton Medical School 2009
- MRCP (UK) Royal College of Physician (London) 1989
- MRCPCH Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health 1997
- Specialist Training in Paediatrics / Paediatric Respiratory Medicine Spwecialist Training Authority of the Medical Royal Colleges 1999
Reference number 2940519
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health RCPCH 2003
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine RSM 2010
- Co-chair of Paediatric Allergy Network of East Anglia PANEA 2015
Details of entry to specialist register
- Paediatrics (Paediatric Respiratory Medicine), 1999
Affiliations / memberships
British Society of Allergy and Clinical Immunology;
European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details