- Fee assured
- Verified this account
I have been a Consultant Gastroenterologist since 1995.
I consult private patients at both the Spire Cambridge Lea Hospital, and Nuffield Health Hospital, Cambridge.
I am BUPA fee assured.
My NHS practice is based at Addenbrooke’s, University of Cambridge Teaching Hospital.
I have extensive clinical experience in general medicine as well as gastroenterology and continue an active research programme which is important to stay at the leading edge of developments. I have over 20 years experience in conducting diagnosic and therapeutic colonoscopy, endoscopy.
Areas of interest
• Gastro-oesophageal reflux • Colonoscopy • Coeliac disease (celiac disease / gluten sensitive enteropathy) • Dyspepsia (indigestion) • Heartburn • Bowel disease including inflammatory (IBD) • Endoscopic procedures including gastroscopy (endocopy) and catheterless wireless pH monitoring (Bravo) • Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) • Motility disorders; ano rectal physiology for diarrhoea, constipation and evacuatory disorders; Smartpill for motility disorders of the gastrointestinal tract, pH studies and high resolution oesophageal manometry to look at oesophageal reflux and oesophageal motility problems .
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Gastroenterologist at Cambridge University Hospital (Addenbrooke's Hospital)
Inflammatory bowel disease
Use of the alpha glucosidase inhibitor acarbose in patients with 'Middleton syndrome': normal gastric anatomy but with accelerated gastric emptying causing postprandial reactive hypoglycemia and diarrhea.
Courses offered to GPs
GP seminars at local GP surgery: gastroenterology topic as per request from surgery.
Talks/ Seminars as arranged by the Spire Cambridge Lea and Nuffield hospitals
View videos on youtube
Following endoscopy or colonoscopy none of my patients have been readmitted, died or suffered an adverse event such as perforation.
THe risk of infection following an endoscopy or colonoscopy are very low compared to surgery. There have been no recorded infections caused by either a colonoscopy or endoscopy.
- MBBSc St Bartholomews Hospital, London UK 1984
- MRCP UK 1988
- MD London University 1993
- FRCP Royal College of Physicians 2000
- MA Cambridge University 2002
- Specialist training Gastroenterology Addenbrooke's Hospital Cambridge 1990
Reference number 2939896
Affiliations / memberships
Royal College of Physicians
General Medical Council
- Nuffield Health Cambridge Hospital, CB2 8AF
- 14:30 - 18:30
- 01767 677810
- Spire Cambridge Lea Hospital, CB24 9EL
- 13:30 - 18:30
- 01767 677810
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.