- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
55 year old, founder NHS Hip Fracture Preoperative network.
Formerly Hon Sec AAGBI
Vice President AAGBI
Examiner for FRCA for 10 years
Member NICE 124
Chair AAGBI guidelines on hip fracture and older persons surgery
On TARN Older persons group.
Author of 2 Cochrane Reviews
Awarded Dudley-Buxton Medal by RCOA 2014
Areas of interest
Orthopaedics particularly hip fracture anaesthesia and knee arthroplasty
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Peterborough & Stamford NHS Trust
Older persons surgery, hip fracture anaesthesia
Life Membership Age Anaesthesia Association 2010
ACCEA Silver 2015
Dudley Buxton (RCOA) 2014
(Additional) Languages spoken
I have over 100 publications, I am happy to provide a full list on request.
Those since 2013;
58 Griffiths R et al. Management of Proximal Femoral Fractures 2011. Guidelines from The Association of Anaesthetists of Great Britain & Ireland. Anaesthesia 2012;67:85-98.
59 Ritchie-Maclean S, Griffiths R. Fractured neck of femur, The Injured Patient. Oxford University Press 2012. ISBN 978-019-958897-8 (book chapter).
60 Lynes H, Griffiths R. focused transthoracic echocardiography in hip fracture surgery. Anaesthesia 2013;68:206. (Correspondence)
61 Green D, Griffiths R. Differences between hip fracture guidelines. Anaesthesia 2013; 68:644. (Correspondence)
62 D.R. Wordsworth, T. Halsey, R. Griffiths, M.J. Parker, Clopidogrel has no effect on mortality from hip fracture, Injury, 2013, 44, 6, 743
63 Association of Anaesthetists of Great Britain & Ireland Guidelines. Perioperative Care of the Elderly. Griffiths R (chair) et al. Anaesthesia 2014, 69; 81-98.
64 White SM, Moppett IK, Griffiths R. Outcome by mode of anaesthesia for hip fracture surgery. An observational audit of 65,535 patients in a national dataset. Anaesthesia 2014;69:224-230.
65 ASAP Anaesthetic Sprint Audit of Practice 2014. Griffiths R et al. http://www.nhfd.co.uk/20/hipfractureR.nsf/welcome?readform
66 Corovic A, Griffiths R. Prehabilitation: time for a patient-doctor contract? Anaesthesia 2014;69(5):407-410 (editorial)
67. Griffiths R. Anaesthesia for Orthopaedic Procedures in; Oxford Textbook of Anaesthesia for the Elderly Patient, edited by C Dodds. Print ISBN-13:9780199604999 Published March 2014, DOI:10.1093/med/9780199604999.001.0001
68. Deloughry J, Griffiths R. Emergency Anaesthesia (chapter) in Smith and Aitkenhead’s Textbook of Anaesthesia 2013. ISBN: 978-0-7020-4192-1
69. Griffiths R, Parker M. Bone Cement Implantation Syndrome. British Journal of Anaesthesia 2014 (in press).
Courses offered to GPs
happy to talk about hip fractures and spinal anaesthesia
- MB BS University of London 1984
- FRCA RCOA 1990
- MD University of Leicester 1990
Reference number 2939690
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Honorary Secretary AAGBI 2012
- Honorary Secretary AAGBI 2013
- Vice President AAGBI 2015
Details of entry to specialist register
- Richard Griffiths, 1996
Affiliations / memberships
Age Anaesthesia Association (life membership)