- Not Fee assured
- Verified this account
Specialist in multiple myeloma, chief investigator running early phase NCRN clinical trials in myeloma
Areas of interest
Myeloma; Plasma cell disorders
Current NHS consultant posts held
University College London Hospitals
Biology and bone disease in multiple myeloma, exploring new agents and novel strategies in early phase clinical studies
1. Groeneveldt L, Mein G, Garrod R, Jewell AP, Someren K, Stephens R, D Sa SP, Yong KL. (2013) A Mixed Exercise Training Programme Is Feasible and Safe and May Improve Quality of Life and Muscle Strength in Multiple Myeloma Survivors.” BMC Cancer 13, no. 1 (January 24, 2013): 31. doi:10.1186/1471-2407-13-31.
2. Rabin N, Percy L, Khan I, Quinn J, D’Sa S, Yong KL (2012) Improved response with post-ASCT consolidation by low dose thalidomide, cyclophosphamide and dexamethasone as first line treatment for multiple myeloma. Br J Haematol 2012 June 19 (epub)
3. Percy LA, Moore SE, Qian W, Dorman J, Rabin N, Watts M, Linch DC, Yong KL. (2012) Re-infused lymphocyte dose does not influence disease control following upfront autologous stem cell transplantation for multiple myeloma. Br J Haematol; 157:1365
4. Stengel C, Cheung CW, Quinn J, Yong K, Khwaja A. Optimal Induction of Myeloma Cell Death Requires Dual Blockade of Phosphoinositide 3-kinase and mTOR Signalling and Is Determined by Translocation Subtype. Leukemia epub (March 14, 2012). http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22415553.
5. Glassford J, Kassen D, Quinn J, Stengel C, Kallinikou K, Khwaja A, Yong KL (2012). Inhibition of cell cycle progression by dual phosphatidylinositol-3-kinase and mTOR blockade in cyclin D2 positive multiple myeloma bearing IgH translocations. Blood Cancer J 2012 Jan;2(1):e50. Epub 2012 Jan 13.
6. Quinn, J., Glassford, J., Percy, L., Munson, P., Marafioti, T., Rodriguez-justo, M., Yong, K. (2011). APRIL promotes cell cycle progression in primary multiple myeloma cells: influence of D-type cyclin group and translocation status. Blood 117:890-901
- MA Oxon 1981
- MB,BS University of London 1984
- PhD University of London 1993
Reference number 2930794
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- College Tutor Royal College of Physicinas London 2007
Details of entry to specialist register
- Haematology, 1993
Affiliations / memberships
UK Myeloma Forum (Executive Committee)