- Not Fee assured
- Verified this account
Child and adolescent psychiatrist (since 1996), and psychotherapist (since 1998).
Special interest in developmental trauma, and role with Family Futures CIC (www.familyfutures.co.uk)
Work with individual adults and children, with couples and with families.
Areas of interest
Child and adolescent mental health
Eating problems and disorders
Adoption and fostering issues
Family and individual therapy
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Eating disorders
- Psychophysiological disorders
- Physical symptoms of stress and anxiety
- Psychosomatic conditions
- Unexplained medical symptoms
Associate editor of British Gestalt Journal
Courses offered to GPs
Please contact me to discuss this, for the Dorset and Hampshire areas.
- M.A. Oxford University 1984
- M.A. Ch. B. Bristol University 1984
- Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists RCPsych 1989
- Member of United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy UKCP 1998
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) EMDR Europe 2009
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Chair of Gestalt Publications Ltd Gestalt Publications Ltd 2008
- Vice Chair iadopt adoption panel iadopt 2012
- Clinical Director Dorset Child and Family Counselling Service 2014
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.