- Fee assured
- Verified account
I am a Consultant cardiologist with specialist expertise in heart rhythm disturbances (arrhythmias) as well as heart failure, coronary artery disease, valvular heart disease, inherited cardiac conditions and hypertension. I undertook specialist training in London at UCH, the Royal Free, the Heart Hospital and Barts Heart Centre. I obtained my PhD in cardiac electrophysiology at Queen Mary University of London, and have been working as a Consultant since 2018.
Areas of interest
I treat adult patients with cardiac (heart-related) symptoms including chest pain, palpitations, shortness of breath, dizziness, blackouts/collapses, and leg swelling.
I provide assessment and treatment for heart rhythm problems (atrial fibrilation, SVT, bradycardia, VT, pacemakers, defibrillators), coronary artery disease including angina, heart failure, valvular heart disease, cardiomyopathy, vasovagal syncope, and hypertension.
Current NHS consultant posts held
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Spanish - Fluent
- French - Conversational
1. Lane J and Breckenridge R. Hypertension: an update. Clinical Focus Primary Care. 2010; 4(1): 19-23.
2. Lane JD, Keenan NG, Bouloux P and Rogers D. A heart without hormones. Lancet 2012; 379: 1922.
3. Luther V, Cortez-Dias N… Lane J et al. Ripple Mapping: initial multi-center experience of an intuitive approach to overcoming the limitations of 3D activation mapping. Journal of Cardiovascular Electrophysiology 2017 DOI: 10.1111/jce.13308.
4. Lane JD and Tinker A. Have the findings from clinical risk prediction and trials any key messages for safety pharmacology. Frontiers in Physiology 2017 DOI: 10.3389/fphys.2017.00890
5. Lane JD, Whittaker-Axon S, Schilling RJ, Lowe MD. Trends in implantable cardioverter defibrillator and cardiac resynchronisation therapy lead parameters for patients with arrhythmogenic and dilated cardiomyopathies. IPEJ. DOI: 10.1016/j.ipej.2018.08.004
6. Lane JD, Cannie D, Volkova E et al. Anticoagulation and the risk of complications in ventricular tachycardia and premature ventricular complex ablation. PACE. DOI: 10.1111/pace.13502.
7. Graham A, … Lane JD et al. Simultaneous Comparison of Electrocardiographic Imaging and Epicardial Contact Mapping in Structural Heart Disease. Accepted in Circ AE 2019.
8. Graham A, … Lane JD et al. Evaluation of ECG Imaging to map haemodynamically stable and unstable ventricular arrhythmias. Accepted in Circ AE 2019.
- PhD Queen Mary University of London 2016
- MRCP Royal College of Physicians 2006
- MB ChB University of Manchester 2003
- BSc (Hons) Unviersity of Manchester 2000
- Certificate of Completion of Training General Medical Council 2017
Reference number 6078279
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.