- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Video and telephone consultations
•Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians
•Association of British Clinical Diabetologists
Professor Baxter completed a Bsc and PhD in Biochemistry at Birmingham University 1973 – 1979. He then went on to study medicine at Nottingham University 1979 – 1984 and from a very early stage knew he wanted to specialise in diabetes treatment. He then then went on to hold a variety of posts at some of the Country’s top units including Brompton, Hammersmith and Birmingham University Hospitals, before being appointed as a Consultant Physician with special interest in Endocrinology & Diabetology at St Peters Hospital, Chertsey in 1992.
It was here at St Peters that he set up a successful Diabetes Service, and held various positions in the hospital as Clinical Director of Medicine, Medical Director and Deputy CEO.
Professor Baxter retired from NHS clinical practice in 2012 in order to further develop a portfolio of skills and experience. He currently holds a successful private practice at BMI The Runnymede Hospital where he specialises in treating patients with Diabetic and Endocrine problems. He holds a particular interest in all aspects of these areas as well as weight loss, fatigue, thyroid disease and difficult diagnostic problems.
BMI The Runnymede Hospital
Mon - all day
All aspects of Diabetes treatment and management
All aspects of Thyroid disorders and management
Fatigue, weight loss, Difficult un-diagnosed malaise
Areas of interest
•All aspects of diabetes, particularly optimisation of glycaemic control, bp and lipid control
•All aspects of thyroid disease including thyrotoxicosis, hypothyroidism and thyroid cancer
•All aspects of autoimmune endocrine disease
•All aspects of pituitary disease
•Difficult Diagnostic problems
- Mike Baxter : https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=148835911&authType=NAME_SEARCH&authToken=nOCg&locale=en_US&trk=tyah2&trkInfo=tarId%3A1416386409898%2Ctas%3AMike%20Bax%2Cidx%3A1-1-1
- Mike Baxter : https://www.bmihealthcare.co.uk/consultants/mike-baxter
Current NHS consultant posts held
I am an Independent Medical Advisor for Sanofi diabetes in the UK. Sanofi is a large international pharma company which is committed to become the UKs most significant diabetes healthcare company.
I am on the Governing Body of 4 CCG, seeking to learn about, and help inform the new commissioning process.
- MRCP Royal College of Physicians, London 1988
- FRCP Royal College of Physicians, London 1994
- BM, BS Univeristy of Nottingham 1984
- PhD biochemistry Birmingham University 1979
- BMedSci Univeristy of Nottingham 1982
- BSc Biochemistry Birmingham University 1976
Reference number 2923738
Details of entry to specialist register
- Diabetes & Endocrinology , 1988
Affiliations / memberships
- BMI The Runnymede Hospital Guildford Road,...
- 08:00 - 20:00
- 07555 039834
- BMI The Runnymede HospitalGuildford...
- 14:00 - 20:00
- 07555 039834
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details