- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Consultant Ear, Nose and Throat Surgeon at
150 Harley Street & The Bupa Cromwell Hospital, Kensington.
I qualified from Leeds medical school in 1984 and had my postgraduate training at Saint Mary's, Saint Bartholomew's and the Royal Marsden, London.
I was appointed as a consultant in Ear, Nose and Throat Surgery in 1997 and obtained a Silver National Clinical Excellence Award in 2011.
Areas of interest
Vertigo, Dizziness and Balance problems.
Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) problems.
- Demi Nicolaou and Penny Taylor
- Consulting Rooms 150 Harley Street London W1G 7LQ
- 020 3075 3150
- 07880 558383
Current NHS consultant posts held
i)Silver National Clinical Excellence Award
ii)The Cutlers’ Surgical Prize - City of London & The Royal College of Surgeons of England
iii)The George Davey Howells Memorial Prize - University of London
iv)British Medical Association Highly Commended ENT Book Prize
v)Highly Commended Health Enterprise East NHS Innovation Award
vi)Honours in Surgery Leeds University Medical School
vii)BSc (Hons) 1st Class – Physiology
1) A Diagnostic Atlas of Tumours of the Upper Aero-Digestive Tract: A Transnasal Video Endoscopic approach
Editors: Tim Price, Paul Montgomery, Martin Birchall, Patrick Gullane
Publisher: Informa Healthcare 2012
2) Principles and Practice of Head & Neck Surgery and Oncology – 2nd Edition
Editors: PQ Montgomery, P H Rhys-Evans & PJ Gullane
Publisher: Informa Healthcare 2009
3)Ear, Nose and Throat Infections: Review and Update
Authors: PQ Montgomery and RJ Lavelle
Publisher: ANCORA, S. A. 1992
Early results from direct phonoplasty and injection of collagen for unilateral vocal cord palsy under local anaesthesia. Mehta P, Pratap R, Blagnys B, Montgomery PQ.
J Laryngol Otol. 2009 Aug;123(8):873-6.
An unusual cause of obstructive sleep apnoea
A Farboud, R Pratap, H Helquist, P Montgomery
J Laryngol Otol. Acccepted May 2009
Vagal nerve stimulator implantation: the otolaryngologist’s perspective. Pratap R, Farboud A, Patel H, Montgomery P. European Archives of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology: Volume 266, Issue 9 (2009), Page 1455.
Variations in post-tonsillectomy haemorrhage rates are scale-invariant.
JS Phillips JS, Ward T, Montgomery PQ. Laryngoscopy. 2008 Jun;118(6):1096-8.
Courses offered to GPs
GP Talks: Vertigo and Imbalance - A Practical Approach
- Intercollegiate Specialty Assessment Board Examination in Otorhinolaryngology The Royal Colleges of Great Britain and Ireland 1995
- FRCS (Eng.) - Surgery-in-General with Otolaryngology The Royal College of Surgeons of England 1991
- FRCS (Eng.) - General Surgery The Royal College of Surgeons of England 1990
- MB ChB University of Leeds 1984
- BSc (Hons) 1st Class – Physiology University of Leeds 1981
Reference number 2923635
Details of entry to specialist register
- ENT Surgery, 1997
Affiliations / memberships
GMC Membership Number: 2923635
Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
The Royal Society of Medicine
The British Association of Otorhinolaryngologist
British Society of Neuro-Otology
- 150 Harley Street
- 13:30 - 17:30
- 020 3075 3150
- Bupa Cromwell Hospital, SW5 0TU
- 17:30 - 19:30
- 020 7460 5700
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details