- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Accepting new patients
- Available for:
- Face-to-face consultations
- Phone consultations
- Video consultations
Last updated: 4 May 2020
- Video and telephone consultations
Consultant Ear, Nose and Throat Surgeon at The King Edward VII's Hospital, Marylebone,
London & The Bupa Cromwell Hospital, Kensington, London.
I qualified from Leeds medical school in 1984 and had my postgraduate training at Saint Mary's, Saint Bartholomew's and the Royal Marsden, London.
I was appointed as a consultant in Ear, Nose and Throat Surgery in 1997 and obtained a Silver National Clinical Excellence Award in 2011.
HOW LONG WILL THE CONSULTATION LAST FOR?
If your complaint is not dizziness I offer an initial consultation of 30 minutes and further follow-up of 15 minutes as required. I offer an initial consultation of 45 minute for patients complaining of dizziness with a follow-up consultation duration of 20 minutes if required. If you require a surgical procedure I will refer you to the appropriate surgeon and I will forgo 80% of my consultation fee as I do not provide surgical services.
Areas of interest
Ringing in the ear
- Jessica Melville
- Bupa Cromwell Hospital 162-174 Cromwell Road LONDON SW5 0TU
- 020 7460 5700
- 07880 558383
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo: https://thelondonearnoseandthroatclinic.co.uk/dizziness/benign-paroxysmal-positional-vertigo-bppv/
- Ménière's disease: https://thelondonearnoseandthroatclinic.co.uk/ear-problems/menieres-disease/
- Vestibular Migraine: https://thelondonearnoseandthroatclinic.co.uk/dizziness/what-are-migraines/
- Persistent Postural Perceptual Dizziness: https://thelondonearnoseandthroatclinic.co.uk/dizziness/persistent-postural-perceptual-dizziness/
- Acute Otitis Externa: https://thelondonearnoseandthroatclinic.co.uk/ear-problems/acute-otitis-media-aom/
- Vestibular Neuritis: https://thelondonearnoseandthroatclinic.co.uk/dizziness/vestibular-neuritis-ent-doctor-london/
- Glandular Fever: https://thelondonearnoseandthroatclinic.co.uk/throat-problems/glandular-fever/
Current NHS consultant posts held
Diving & Gardening
i)Silver National Clinical Excellence Award
ii)The Cutlers’ Surgical Prize - City of London & The Royal College of Surgeons of England
iii)The George Davey Howells Memorial Prize - University of London
iv)British Medical Association Highly Commended ENT Book Prize
v)Highly Commended Health Enterprise East NHS Innovation Award
vi)Honours in Surgery Leeds University Medical School
vii)BSc (Hons) 1st Class – Physiology
1) A Diagnostic Atlas of Tumours of the Upper Aero-Digestive Tract: A Transnasal Video Endoscopic approach
Editors: Tim Price, Paul Montgomery, Martin Birchall, Patrick Gullane
Publisher: Informa Healthcare 2012
2) Principles and Practice of Head & Neck Surgery and Oncology – 2nd Edition
Editors: PQ Montgomery, P H Rhys-Evans & PJ Gullane
Publisher: Informa Healthcare 2009
3)Ear, Nose and Throat Infections: Review and Update
Authors: PQ Montgomery and RJ Lavelle
Publisher: ANCORA, S. A. 1992
Early results from direct phonoplasty and injection of collagen for unilateral vocal cord palsy under local anaesthesia. Mehta P, Pratap R, Blagnys B, Montgomery PQ.
J Laryngol Otol. 2009 Aug;123(8):873-6.
An unusual cause of obstructive sleep apnoea
A Farboud, R Pratap, H Helquist, P Montgomery
J Laryngol Otol. Acccepted May 2009
Vagal nerve stimulator implantation: the otolaryngologist’s perspective. Pratap R, Farboud A, Patel H, Montgomery P. European Archives of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology: Volume 266, Issue 9 (2009), Page 1455.
Variations in post-tonsillectomy haemorrhage rates are scale-invariant.
JS Phillips JS, Ward T, Montgomery PQ. Laryngoscopy. 2008 Jun;118(6):1096-8.
Courses offered to GPs
Vertigo and Imbalance: A Practical Approach
Outcomes (checked and approved by medical professional body)
Please click on this link if you would like to see information about this healthcare professional’s performance compared to their peers, as published by their medical professional body.http://www.phin.org.uk
Quality of Clinical Care
I take pride in upholding the highest standard of clinical conduct.
Please find below further information on my quality of clinical care.
“The care Dr Montgomery gave me put an end to a seven-year long misdiagnosis. He was patient and thorough during my appointment, taking detailed history and performing an array of tests. He explained his observations very clearly and set out a plan for my follow-up investigations and care. He kept in touch, as he promised, with more information about my condition and how to manage it, and he even contacted my GP and my neurologist with relevant paperwork to ensure my whole medical team was aware of his conclusions. Most importantly to me, he was compassionate and never rushed the process, which made all the difference for finally understanding what I suffer from. It took me seven years to arrive at Dr Montgomery's doorstep but I left with a new confidence in my future. I'm very grateful."
Vertigo & Dizziness diagnostic and therapeutic success rate
90% - Audited 2020.
Complaints, Complications & Missed Diagnoses
None – Audited 2020
Time between the Consultation and the letter to General Practitioner and Patient being sent
2 days – Audited 2020
New to Follow-up Outpatient Appointment Rate
4 out of 5 patients need only 1 appointment to resolve their medical concerns – Audited 2020
Satisfactory 23 January 2020
- Intercollegiate Specialty Assessment Board Examination in Otorhinolaryngology The Royal Colleges of Great Britain and Ireland 1995
- FRCS (Eng.) - Surgery-in-General with Otolaryngology The Royal College of Surgeons of England 1991
- FRCS (Eng.) - General Surgery The Royal College of Surgeons of England 1990
- BSc (Hons) 1st Class – Physiology University of Leeds 1981
- MB ChB University of Leeds 1984
Reference number 2923635
Details of entry to specialist register
- ENT Surgery, 1997
Affiliations / memberships
GMC Membership Number: 2923635
Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
The Royal Society of Medicine
The British Association of Otorhinolaryngologist
British Society of Neuro-Otology
- BUPA Cromwell Hospital London
- 13:00 - 14:30
- 020 7460 5700
- King Edward VII's Hospital, 5-10 Beaumont...
- 17:00 - 20:00
- 020 7467 4344
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Other ways of contacting me
I can be contacted directly using Skype. My Skype ID is: paul.montgomery14