- Fee assured
- Verified this account
I am a full time NHS Consultant Orthopaedic and Hand Surgeon based in Taunton who qualified at the Middlesex Hospital, London. I completed my orthopaedic training in Sheffield and my special interest in surgery of the hand was developed as an international fellow to the Sydney Hospital Hand Surgical Unit. I provide an extensive range of hand/wrist and elbow surgical procedures on the NHS and privately usually on a day case basis.
My operations include carpal tunnel decompression, surgery for arthritis, Dupuytren's contracture (including minimally invasive needle techniques) and tennis elbow release.
I am a passionate trainer of orthopaedic registrars and I have been a Royal College examiner in orthopaedic surgery for many years.
Areas of interest
Wrist surgery; Elbow; Hand surgery
- Lesley Potter
- A M Clarke Associates Nuffield Health Taunton Hospital Staplegrove TAUNTON TA2 6AN
- 07391 199397
- 07391 199397
Anaesthetists worked with (Bupa members, please ask your consultant whether your anaesthetist is fee-assured)
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Taunton & Somerset NHS Foundation Trust, Musgrove Park Hospital, Taunton
- University of London Middlesex Hospital Medical School 1984
- International Fellow to Hand Surgical Unit Sydney and St Luke's Hospitals, Australia 1994
Reference number 2923367
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Education & Training Committee British Society of Surgery of the Hand 2016
- Medico-legal Sub-Committee British Orthopaedic Association 2016
Details of entry to specialist register
- Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgery, 1995
Affiliations / memberships
British Society for Surgery of the Hand
British Orthopaedic Association
Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Nuffield Health Taunton Hospital, TA2 6AN
- 08:30 - 13:00
- 01823 250611
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Nuffield Health, Taunton Hospital 01823 286991