- Fee assured
- Verified this account
I am an Emergency Medicine Consultant in Royal Victoria Hospital, MSK lead for the department and a Sport and Exercise doctor. I work as the Ulster Rugby Academy Doctor, having responsibility for Ulster A's, academy and underage system. I cover the senior team as well. On senior match nights i work as an Independent Match Day Doctor was ultimate responsibility for diagnosing concussions from video and off field assessment.
I have been to 3 U20 ruby world cups as the Ireland U20 team doctor. Previously i was the Linfield football club doctor and Northern Ireland Women's Senior and U19s Football team doctor.
Much of my work in the Emergency Department and in professional sport is in concussion diagnosis, management and guiding a safe and personalise return to learn/play/work.
I have experience in many repeat/complicated concussions and concussion in schools players.
Areas of interest
Concussion return to learn/work/play
- Mr McClelland's Private Secretary
- Drumkeen Private Healthcare 380A Belmont Road Belfast BT4 2NF
- 028 9562 2212
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant in Emergency Medicine (MSK Lead) - Belfast Trust (RVH and MIH ED)
I am a keen runner and all sports fan
- Primary Medical Degree Queens University Belfast 2003
- Fellow of the Royal College of Emegency Medicine RCEM 2016
- Fellow of the Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine (Ire) RCSI 2018
- Diploma in Sport and Exercise Medicine University of Bath 2017
- Postgraduate Certificate in Clinical Education Queens University Belfast 2015
Reference number 7015699
Affiliations / memberships
- Drumkeen Private Healthcare380A Belmont...
- 09:00 - 13:00
- 028 9562 2212
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.