- Fee assured
- Verified account
I completed my core psychiatry training in London through the University College London training scheme and after obtaining membership of the Royal College of Psychiatrists in 2012, I moved to Brighton to continue higher training.
Highlights of my training include year-long placement at the Islington specialist alcohol treatment service and Camden and Islington psychodynamic psychotherapy service.
I was awarded my certificate of completion of training in 2015 and went on to work as a consultant psychiatrist at Millview Hospital in Hove, where I had overall clinical responsibility for a rolling caseload of 20 in-patients.
In addition I provided professional supervision to junior medical staff to ensure that their duties best suited the needs of the service and their ongoing training.
Alongside a small private practice, I work as a perinatal psychiatrist for Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, treating pregnant and post-natal mothers in North West Sussex.
I am a strong believer in patient-orientated care and my aim is to always put my patients’ interests first. I am humbled by the trust my patients place in me and inspired by the battles they face with such hope and courage.
Areas of interest
Depression and anxiety (primary and treatment resistant); Personality disorders (and spectrum conditions); Alcohol dependence/harmful drinking; Integrative approaches; Neuromodulation; Perinatal psychiatry; Dialectical behavioural therapy; Psychodynamic formulation
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Psychiatrist, North West Sussex Specialist Perinatal Mental Health Service
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery University fo the Witwatersrand 2003
- Master of Science in Psychiatric Research University College London 2013
- Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists Royal College of Psychiatrists 2012
- Post Graduate Diploma in Medical Education University of Brighton 2014
- Diploma in Mental Health Colleges of Medicine, South Africa 2006
- Infant and Early Years Mental Health (ITSIEY) Specialist, Perinatal Mental Health International Training School for Infancy and Early Years, Anna Freud Centre 2019
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy, Intensive Training British Isles DBT Training 2018
Reference number 6168106
Details of entry to specialist register
- Certificate of Completion of Training, 2015
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Sussex Mental Health Line (24/7)
- 0300 500 0101