- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional is currently treating patients. Please speak to them to find out more about their availability.
Last updated: 12 Nov 2020
I was appointed a consultant neurosurgeon in Glasgow in 1994, having trained in Glasgow and London. I was appointed as a general neurosurgeon with an interest in complex spinal surgery, but during my appointment I helped develop a Skull base service and this is now my main subspecialty interest within the NHS. I still have a busy spinal practice within the NHS and privately, but this is mainly confined to degenerative pathology, rather than trauma or spinal oncology.
I have been active both locally and nationally in training, as Training Programme Director for the Scottish Programme, a member of the SAC in neurosurgery, lead for UK National Selection and Chairman of the Intercollegiate Exam Board in Neurosurgery and am currently lead for the International Intercollegiate Exam in Neurosurgery.
Areas of interest
Cervical spine (diseases and disorders of); Spinal surgery; Spinal neurosurgery; Skull base surgery
- Brenda Bryden
- 57 Killoch Drive Glasgow G13 3AU
- 0141 954 0266
- 0141 201 2079
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Andrew Makin Fee Assured
- Dr Pamela Doherty Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant neurosurgeon, Queen Elizabeth University Hospital, Glasgow
- MB ChB University of Glasgow 1984
- FRCS Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow 1988
- FRCS Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2006
- Intercollegiate Exam in Neurosurgery Joint Colleges Intercollegiate Exam Board 1993
Reference number 2921011
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Lead for UK National Selection Neurosurgery JCST 2019
- Lead for International Intercollegiate Exam in Neurosurgery JCIE 2019
- Lead for Joint College Fellowship Exam Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2019
- Chairman of Surgical Specialty Board Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2019
Details of entry to specialist register
- GMC, 1984
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Rosshall Hospital 0141 810 3151