- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Accepting new patients
- Available for:
- Face-to-face consultations
- Phone consultations
- Video consultations
Last updated: 19 Jul 2020
Dr Garnett is a Consultant in Sport and Exercise Medicine. He works in both NHS and private musculoskeletal clinics and in professional sport as club doctor for Sheffield United Football Club.
Dr Garnett specialises in the diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal conditions, including sport and work-related injuries and osteoarthritis. He sees patients of all ages and levels of physical activity, including elite athletes and the general public.
He graduated from the University of Edinburgh in 2009 before undertaking his postgraduate medical training in London. He then completed higher specialist training in Sport and Exercise Medicine in Yorkshire, where he worked at the English Institute of Sport and the National Centre for Sport and Exercise Medicine. He is a Member of the Royal College of Physicians and a Fellow of the Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine.
Dr Garnett has extensive experience working in elite sport and has previously held medical roles at Huddersfield Town FC, Sheffield Wednesday FC, Great Britain Boxing and The Huddersfield Giants. He has also worked at international sports events including the 2017 IAAF World Athletics Championships, 2016 European Aquatics Championships and the 2016 European Women’s Boxing Championships.
Areas of interest
Sport and exercise medicine; Musculoskeletal medicine; Tendon, muscle and joint injuries; Sports injuries; Tendinopathy; Overuse injuries; Running injuries; Stress fractures; MSK ultrasound; Ultrasound-guided injections; Shockwave therapy; Shoulder pain; Tennis elbow: Hand and wrist pain; Hip disorders; Groin disorders; Knee pain; Achilles tendon; Ankle pain; Back pain; Sciatica; Joint injection; Soft tissue injection; Concussion
- BSc (Hons) Sports Science University of Edinburgh 2006
- MBChB University of Edinburgh 2009
- Membership of The Royal College of Physicians Royal College of Physicians 2013
- Postgraduate Diploma in Sport and Exercise Medicine University of Bath 2015
- Fellowship of The Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine 2018
- Postgraduate Certificate in Musculoskeletal Ultrasonography University of East London 2019
- The FA Level 5 Advanced Trauma Medical Management in Football The Football Association 2018
- RFL Immediate Medical Management on the Field of Play Rugby Football League 2017
- MSK Mentorship Programme in Diagnostic Ultrasound Sports Medicine Ultrasound Group 2017
- PHE Physical Activity Clinical Champion Public Health England 2015
- Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training CORE Fitness Education 2017
- Mac-Nutrition Uni Certified Nutritionist Mac-Nutrition Uni 2018
Reference number 7041309
Details of entry to specialist register
- Sport and Exercise Medicine, 2018
Affiliations / memberships
British Association of Sport and Exercise Medicine
Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine
Football Medicine and Performance Association
- 19 Spring GardensManchesterM2 1FB
- 08:00 - 12:00
- 0161 254 3300
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.