- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Unable to accept new patients
Last updated: 19 May 2020
I am a Accredited member of both the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and the College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists (COSRT). I am also a member of the Association for the Treatment of Sexual Addiction and Compulsivity (ATSAC).
I have over ten years experience of providing Person-Centred counselling to people in distress and over eight years providing Psychosexual Therapy to individuals and couples.
I am also trained to work with compulsive sexual behaviour i.e. sex or pornography addiction.
I currently work within the NHS and private practice.
Areas of interest
Psychosexual problems; sexual dysfunction; relationship difficulties; intimacy with a chronic condition; sex addiction; pornography addiction.
General difficulties including anxiety; low self worth; depression, grief; stress; anger; sleep and life transitions.
I work with adults only. I work with individuals and couples.
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Gynaecological disorders
- Pain management
- Psychophysiological disorders
- Physical disability
Current NHS consultant posts held
Counsellor in Primary Care
Forth Valley NHS Trust
- Postgraduate Diploma in Sex Addiction Counselling Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Award Body (CPCAB) and The Institute for Sex Addiction Training (ISAT) 2017
- Postgraduate Diploma in Relationship Therapy (Psychosexual Therapy) University of Hull and The Relate Institute 2015
- Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy Strathclyde University 2011
Affiliations / memberships
Accredited Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
Accredited Member of the College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists (COSRT).
Member of the Association for the Treatment of Sexual Addiction and Compulsivity (ATSAC).