- Not Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
I am an experienced Consultant Orthoapaedic Surgeon in practice for 18 years.
A graduate of Birmingham University, I returned as an anatomy lecturer and produced a Masters degree in the culture and growth of bone cells on artificial bone substitutes. I then undertook my orthopaedic training in the West Midlands and Stoke Mandeville Hospital.
On first appointment as a consultant in Hereford I undertook a wide variety of procedures including spinal , hand , hip, knee, shoulder, foot and ankle surgery.
In the last decade I have specialised in hip and knee surgery, including joint replacement, key hole and soft tissue surgery. I have a particular interest in revision hip replacement.
I continue with a full time NHS commitment in both Trauma and Orthopaedic surgery.
Areas of interest
Hip Surgery; Knee Surgery
- Elizabeth Shewell
- Nuffield Health Hereford Hospital Venns Lane HEREFORD HR1 1DF
- 01981 570200
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Andrzej Wlaszczyk Not Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeon
The County Hospital
Wye Valley NHS Trust
Family Life and Country Sports.
I have publications in relation to Spinal, Joint replacement, Hand a Plastic Surgery topics and have presented papers and posters at national and International Orthopaedic meetings
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery Birmingham University 1984
- Master of Science (Anatomy) Birmingham University 1989
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh 1989
- Certificate of Specialist Training European Community 1994
- FRCS (Orthopaedics) Royal College of Surgeons 1996
- Sir Alexander MacCormich Hand Fellowship Stoke Mandeville Hospital 1995
Reference number 2919672
Details of entry to specialist register
- Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery , 1996
Affiliations / memberships
British Orthopaedic Association
British Hip Society
- Nuffield Health Hereford Hospital, HR1 1DF
- 14:00 - 18:30
- 01432 262502
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details