- Fee assured
- Verified this account
I am an Associate Professor of Gastroenterology at University College London (UCL) and a Consultant Gastroenterologist at University College London Hospitals NHS Trust (UCLH).
Prior to that, I trained in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology at centres of excellence both in the UK and the USA including Mayo Clinic Rochester MN which has been consistently ranked as the #1 hospital in the world!
Areas of interest
• Acid reflux (GORD or GERD), heartburn, and
• Swallowing problems, belching, and throat
• Abdominal pain and bloating
• Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), diarrhoea, and
• Barrett’s Oesophagus, endoscopic resection
(ER) and HALO ablation
• Eosinophilic oesophagitis
• Oesophageal strictures management
(narrowing of the oesophagus)
• Bravo pH capsule monitoring
• Stretta therapy
• Oesophageal cancer and pre-cancerous
• Bowel cancer screening
• Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
• Coeliac disease
• Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Gastroenterologist - University College London Hospital
Upper GI diseases including acid reflux, oesophageal cancer and precancerous changes.
Advanced endoscopic imaging and therapy.
Football, cycling and music
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Arabic - Native or bilingual
Courses offered to GPs
The UCL Upper GI Symposium
- PhD University of Nottingham 2015
- MRCP Royal College of Physicians 2008
- PGCME University of York 2011
Reference number 6100088
Affiliations / memberships
• American Gastroenterological Association (AGA).
• American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
• British Society of Gastroenterology (BSG).
• Midlands Gastroenterological Society.
• Royal College of Physicians UK.
• Medical Defence Union.
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.