- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Accepting new patients
- Available for:
- Face-to-face consultations
- Phone consultations
- Video consultations
Last updated: 21 Apr 2020
I am an Associate Professor of Gastroenterology at University College London (UCL) and a Consultant Gastroenterologist at University College London Hospitals NHS Trust (UCLH).
Prior to that, I trained in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology at centres of excellence both in the UK and the USA including Mayo Clinic Rochester MN which has been consistently ranked as the #1 hospital in the world!
Areas of interest
• Acid reflux (GORD or GERD), heartburn, and
• Swallowing problems, belching, and throat
• Abdominal pain and bloating
• Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), diarrhoea, and
• Barrett’s Oesophagus, endoscopic resection
(ER) and HALO ablation
• Eosinophilic oesophagitis
• Oesophageal strictures management
(narrowing of the oesophagus)
• Bravo pH capsule monitoring
• Stretta therapy
• Oesophageal cancer and pre-cancerous
• Bowel cancer screening
• Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
• Coeliac disease
• Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Gastroenterologist - University College London Hospital
Upper GI diseases including acid reflux, heartburn, indigestion, swallowing difficulties, Barrett's oesophagus, oesophageal cancer and precancerous changes.
Advanced endoscopic imaging and therapy.
Football, cycling and music
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Arabic - Native or bilingual
Courses offered to GPs
The UCL Upper GI Symposium
- PGCME University of York 2011
- MRCP Royal College of Physicians 2008
- PhD University of Nottingham 2015
Reference number 6100088
Affiliations / memberships
• American Gastroenterological Association (AGA).
• American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
• British Society of Gastroenterology (BSG).
• Midlands Gastroenterological Society.
• Royal College of Physicians UK.
• Medical Defence Union.
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.