- Fee assured
- Verified this account
You'll need to contact this healthcare professional to check their availability
Mr Abdul Waheed is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital. He specialises in hip and knee disorders including primary routine and complex total hip and knee replacement, and arthroscopic knee surgery.
He also has extensive experience in trauma, both in children as well as adults.
Mr Waheed has extensive experience in lower limb total joint replacement and reconstruction. As well as treating degenerative disorders (arthritis), he offers treatment for knee injuries including meniscus repair, anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction and patellofemoral instability/mal-tracking.
Mr Waheed’s main research interests lie in Rapid Recovery Programme after joint replacement. This technique aims to improve patients’ experience of care and expedite recovery from joint replacement in the shortest possible time, without compromising safety. He is the Orthopaedic lead for Rapid Recovery Programme in his NHS post.
Areas of interest
Trauma both in children and adults
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Orthoapedics Surgeon
Basildon University Hospital,
Hip and knee replacement.
Arthroscopic sugery knee
Travelling, Jogging, History
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Hindi - Native or bilingual
- Panjabi, Punjabi - Native or bilingual
- Urdu - Native or bilingual
- Arabic - Basic
Courses offered to GPs
Regular teaching to the GPs
- FRCS Royal College of Physicians, Surgeons of Glasgow 2000
- MBBS University of the Punjab, Lahore – Pakistan 1994
- FRCS (Orth) Royal College of Physicians, Surgeons of Glasgow 2009
- Postgraduate Diploma in Orthopaedic Engineering Cardiff University 2008
- Lower Limb Arthroplasty Fellowship Royal Free Hospital 2012
Reference number 6050699
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Specialist Registration General Medical Council 2012
Details of entry to specialist register
- Trauma and Orthopaedic, 2012
Affiliations / memberships
British Orthopaedic Association
British Medical Association
Royal college of physicians and surgeons Glasgow
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Shenfield RoadShenfieldBRENTWOODCM15 8EH
- 08:00 - 13:00
- 07407 935196
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details