- Fee assured
- Verified account
- CBT with Exposure and Response Prevention (CBT with ERP)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT)
I am an experienced Clinical Psychologist committed to helping adults, young people and families achieve their goals and find healing within a safe environment. I specialise in helping people who experience intense anxiety. My greatest passion is helping people heal from trauma (any experience(s) that caused intense distress and overwhelmed the individual’s ability to cope). Unprocessed trauma frequently co-exists alongside symptoms of anxiety, OCD, depression, stress or burnout. These symptoms often lead to restrictive psychological obstacles preventing you from enjoying your life, such as avoidance, relationship difficulties and social isolation. Getting to the root cause of your difficulties and not just treating the symptoms will provide you with effective and lasting change – enabling you to live the life you want. Together we will develop a greater understanding of yourself, your relationships and your values, and ultimately find a sense of calm and purpose back in your life. We will help you become unstuck and move forwards toward living a more balanced and fulfilling life - Creating the life you want and deserve!
The main evidence-based treatment model I use is EMDR therapy. I also incorporate a wide range of therapeutic strategies from various approaches, including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), including Mindfulness techniques and Compassion Focussed Therapy (CFT). My approach is adapted to the individual or family I am working with to meet their specific needs.
Areas of interest
Trauma; Anxiety; PTSD; Relationship difficulties; Depression; OCD; Perfectionism; Feelings of shame.
Individual therapy offered to adults, adolescents and children.
I am a highly skilled Clinical Psychologist using an evidence-based integrative approach, depending on the individual's needs - incorporating EMDR, CBT, including acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT) and Compassion-focused CBT.
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Pain management
- Psychophysiological disorders
Courses offered to GPs
I can offer talks/ webinars to GPs or other health professionals around special interest topics such as anxiety management, trauma, including relational trauma, stress and burnout.
- BSc (Hons) Psychology University of Surrey 2006
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (DClinPsy) Christchurch University (Salomons) 2013
- CYP-IAPT Therapy Postgraduate Diploma - Interpersonal Psychotherapy for adolescents University College London (UCL) / Anna Freud Centre 2015
- EMDR - Advanced Level 3 Dr Alexandra Richmon 2015
- EMDR - Child & Adolescent Training Dr Susan Darker-Smith (Child Trauma Therapy Centre) 2021
Affiliations / memberships
Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) Registered Clinical Psychologist – PYL29985