- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Accepting new patients
- Available for:
- Face-to-face consultations
- Phone consultations
Last updated: 29 Jun 2020
Dr Costa is a Consultant Paediatrician, Fellow of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, with over 14 years experience in Paediatrics and over 7 years in Paediatric Allergy.
He is currently the Lead for Paediatric Allergy Services at University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire and currently holds two Post-Graduate Certificates.
- Paediatric Allergy, from Instituto de Ciencias da Saude da Universidade Catolica, Lisbon/Portugal.
- Allergy, from Imperial College London, England.
Dr Costa runs several allergy clinics at both Coventry and Rugby, focusing on the diagnosis and management of Food Allergy, Hayfever, Allergic Rhinitis, Chronic Spontaneous Urticaria and Angioedema, Eczema and Asthma, with the last two mostly when related to Allergic conditions.
His main focus of interest in Allergy is in Immunotherapy/Desensitization mainly to house dust mites and pollens, being it sublingual or subcutaneous.
He is the co-Author of “Increase in Multiple Nut Reactivity with Increasing Age is Not an Artefact of Incomplete Allergy Testing”, which showed that not introducing nuts that children are not allergic to, will increase their risk of developing allergy to those nuts.
He has further interest into to Paediatric Allergies related research and teaching.
Areas of interest
Age 0 to 18 years old.
Chronic Spontaneous Urticaria and Angioedema
Current NHS consultant posts held
Lead for Paediatric Allergy Services at University Hospitals Coventry & Warwickshire.
Clinics in Coventry and Rugby.
Early stages of research into diagnostic tools for non-IgE mediated food allergies.
Travelling, sightseeing, photography, scuba diving, sports and martial arts.
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Portuguese - Native or bilingual
- French - Fluent
Co-Author of “Increase in Multiple Nut Reactivity with Increasing Age is Not an Artefact of Incomplete Allergy Testing”.
- Medical Degree Universidade de Coimbra, Faculdade de Medicina, Portugal 2002
- Post Graduate Certificate in Paediatric Allergy Instituto de Ciências da Saúde da Universidade Católica, Lisbon/Portugal 2013
- Post Graduate Certificate in Allergy Imperial College London 2017
Reference number 6045118
Details of entry to specialist register
- Specialist Exam - Ordem dos Médicos - Portugal, 2013
- GMC Specialist Register, 2014
Affiliations / memberships
Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
British Association of Allergy and Clinical Immunology
Medical & Dental Defence Union of Scotland - MDDUS