- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Transactional Analysis (TA)
I strongly believe that positive relationships are key to growth and well-being. I provide a safe, non judgemental and confidential space for people to address their issues, be it relationship problems, trust, stress, anxiety, depression, ill health, loss, low self worth, narcisstic abuse and more.
I am a BACP registered counsellor and a Relate trained Practitioner, as well as having studied Psychology in Buenos Aires and having an MA (Interactive Narratives as a Tool for Change) and completed CBT training. After years of work at Relate, with over 5000 contact hours seeing individuals, couples and young people, I am confident I deliver a service that works.
My private practice is close to the centre of York, with free on street parking and near to bus and rail routes. Above all, it is close to the river and I always recommend a walk along the river to clients!
Areas of interest
Individuals; Young People; Couples.
Relationship Counselling; Systemic Approaches; Transactional Analysis; Psychodynamic Approaches; Cognitive Behavioural Therapy; Art Therapy; Integrative Approaches.
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Eating disorders
- Pain management
- Psychophysiological disorders
- Physical disability
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Spanish - Native or bilingual
"I am very grateful for Claudia's skilful, compassionate counselling. She helped me and my partner hugely in moving things on when we were stuck. Not that its all been a breeze since then of course, but I was able to say how I felt and make some changes and my partner didn't hang himself!"
"judicious, quick, bright, generous and altruistic!"
"I totally recommend Claudia. She is ethical, engaged and passionate about her work as Relationship Counsellor."
- MA in Interactive Narratives as a Tool for Change Hull University 2010
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapist The Academy of Modern Applied Psychology 2019
- Advanced Diploma in Relationship Counselling Relate 2013
- Webcam Counselling Relate Institute 2017
- Understanding Eating Disorders Relate Institute 2015
- Domestic Violence Relate Institute 2014
- Prostate Cancer Awareness Relate Institute 2014
- Adult Survivor of Sexual Abuse Relate Institute 2014
- Young People Counsellor The Centre for Child Mental Health 2016
- Couples 50+ MOT Tavistock Clinic 2018
Affiliations / memberships