- Fee assured
- Verified this account
A specialist with over 20 years’ experience of both NHS and independent practice, I treat a wide range of conditions.
Originally, my degree led me into psychiatric nursing and almost immediately, from there into psychotherapy. I trained in the psychodynamic field, initially; then re-trained in CBT at Oxford University in 1995; becoming accredited with the BABCP in 1996. I have been in clinical practice for most of the intervening years; also teaching and supervising multi-disciplinary NHS staff, (trainee psychiatrists, psychologists, nurses, and independent practitioners) and the voluntary sector. Currently, I supervise the clinical practice of post-graduate university trainees in CBT and independent practitioners.
I am bound by the ethical guidelines of the British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy (BABCP). I am committed to ensuring clients' privacy and confidentiality and am registered with the ICO (Information Commissioner's Office), complying with data protection.
Areas of interest
Adults; anxiety, panic, stress; phobias; obsessive-compulsive disorder; post-traumatic stress, depression.
- Nicola Griffiths (Centre Manager)
- Cirencester Hypnotherapy and Health Centre 84 Dyer Street Cirencester GL7 2PF
30 Years' Service Award from Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust.
- Certificate in Cognitive Therapy Oxford University 1996
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Clinical Nurse Specialist in Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy Psychological Therapies Service, Swindon; Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust 2017
- Clinical Supervisor IAPT High Intensity Exeter University 2019
Details of entry to specialist register
- BABCP (British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies, 1996
Affiliations / memberships
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Janice de Souza