- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional is currently treating patients. Please speak to them to find out more about their availability.
Last updated: 12 Nov 2020
- Applied Relaxation
- Behavioural Activation (BA)
- CBT with Exposure and Response Prevention (CBT with ERP)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Motivational Interviewing
- Trauma focused CBT
- Video and telephone consultations
Dr Hjordis Donoghue has over 15 years’ experience working across mental health, physical health and employee wellbeing settings. She has most recently worked in the NHS as a senior clinical psychologist alongside her private practice. Hjordis is skilled in offering therapy online as well as in face to face sessions.
Hjordis is skilled at developing strong therapeutic relationships with both adolescents and adults. She works with people experiencing a wide range of psychological issues who have reached a point in their lives where they want to move forwards in a new way. Hjordis offers clients a range of highly tailored therapeutic approaches, including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Compassion Focussed Therapy (CFT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Mindfulness.
Alongside the provision of personal therapy, Hjordis also offers psychological skills training courses, supervision and teaching to allied health professionals.
Areas of interest
• Stress / adjustment to life events
• Panic Attacks
• Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
• Self-esteem / assertiveness
• The impact of physical health conditions on emotional wellbeing
• Living with and beyond a cancer diagnosis
• Living with other health conditions such as chronic pain, kidney and liver disease as well as heart problems
• Workplace stress
• Managing work-life balance
• Developing personal Resilience
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Cardiac conditions
- Pain management
Mindfulness based interventions in workplace settings
Mindfulness based interventions in living with and beyond a cancer diagnosis
Personal resilience in the workplace
Developing personal resilience following a significant life event
Donoghue, H. M., Travis-Turner, G. D., House, A. O., Lewis, H. & Gilbody, S. (2014) Life Adversity In Depressed And Non-depressed Older Adults A Cross Sectional Comparison Of The Brief Lte-Q And The Life Events And Difficulties Interview As Part Of The Casper Study. The Journal Of Affective Disorders, 193: 31-38.
- D Clin Psy University of Leeds 2014
- BSc Psychology The University of Manchester 2006
- MSc Memory and its Disorders University of Leeds 2009
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Registered Clinical Psychologist Health and Care Professions Council 2014
- Chartered Clinical Psychologist British Psychological Society 2014