- Fee assured
- Verified this account
You'll need to contact this healthcare professional to check their availability
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Video and telephone consultations
I am a British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), accredited and registered, counsellor and psychotherapist with over 14 years’ clinical experience working within the field of mental health and wellbeing. I work with adults, young people and children across all sectors including NHS primary care services, Employee assistance programmes, and within Education, mainstream and special educational needs.
I am passionate about my work supporting all people struggling with a variety of mental health issues including, anxiety, depression, stress and burnout which are often triggered by external events such as workload pressure, loss and bereavement, relationship breakdown, life transitions and change such as retirement, menopause and loss of identity through changing roles.
I use a variety of therapeutic methods including, psychotherapy, counselling for depression, mindfulness-based CBT (MBCT), mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR), which help you to explore your current resources, coping strategies and hopes for the future to help you achieve your goals. I work alongside you to identify and work through your presenting issues, drawing on and developing proactive coping strategies to manage better, make any changes that need to be made and learn to live well.
I work privately and within a NHS primary care service as a clinical supervisor. I am also a mindfulness supervisor.
Areas of interest
I work with adults, young people and children.
I work with a variety of presentations including anxiety; stress; depression, addictions, relationship issues, bereavement and loss, low self-esteem and confidence, burnout, retirement, menopause.
I use an integrative therapeutic approach including counselling, psychotherapy and mindfulness based approaches.
Due to covid-19 I offer online using zoom platform or telephone.
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Pain management
Current NHS consultant posts held
2017- to date
Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust. Talking Mental Health Derbyshire in partnership with Derwent Rural Counselling IAPT Service.
I am employed part-time as a clinical supervisor the IAPT service.
- Masters Level, PG Dip Counselling and Psychotherapy John Moores University, Liverpool 2011
- PG Dip Mindfulness Based Approaches University of Wales, Bangor - Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice. 2013
- Counselling for Depression IAPT Modality Nottingham, University 2019
- Level 7 Diploma in Clinical Supervision Sherwood Institute of Psychotherapy 2020
- Certificate in Mentoring Mindfulness Teachers University of Wales, Bangor 2018
- Dot b Mindfulness in School certified Teacher Mindfulness in School Project. 2013
- Level 1 in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) Liverpool John Moores University 2011
- Cultivating Emotional Balance Accredited Teacher Santa Barbara Institute for Consciousness Studies. 2010
- Mindfulness Supervision Training University of Wales, Bangor 2018
- Teaching Diploma in Yoga British Wheel of Yoga 2005
Details of entry to specialist register
- British Association of Mindfulness Based Approaches (BAMBA), 2016
Affiliations / memberships
Accredited Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Online Zoom / Telephone Appointments.
- 08:00 - 08:00
- 07432 098873
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
This is not a crisis service therefore, if you need urgent help please call NHS 111, GP or Samaritans.