- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Cardiac CT/MRI
- General cardiology
Dr Spiros Zidros was born and brought up on Thassos, a small Greek island in Northern Greece and went to the local high school. He qualified from the Democritus University Medical School in 2006. He then served the Greek Army and completed his general medical training in Greece.
He moved to the UK in 2012 for his specialty training in cardiology. He trained in several district and tertiary hospitals such as Salford Royal Hospital in Manchester and Northwick Park Hospital in North West London. The last 2 years of his training were spent in leading hospital such as King’s College Hospital and Bart’s Heart Centre in London where he sub specialised in advanced echocardiography, cardiac CT and cardiac MRI.
In February 2019, Dr Zidros was appointed cardiology consultant at Bedford and Royal Papworth Hospitals. He is leading the imaging service at Bedford Hospital and performs advanced echocardiography lists at Royal Papworth Hospital.
His special interests in general adult cardiology include investigation of symptoms such as chest pains, breathlessness, palpitations, dizziness and faints. Also longer term management of chronic heart conditions such as coronary artery disease, heart valve diseases, cardiomyopathies, high blood pressure and heart failure.
His special interests in non invasive imaging include transthoracic echocardiography, transoesophageal echocardiography, stress echocardiography (both exercise and pharmacological) and cardiac CT and cardiac MRI.
Areas of interest
Coronary artery disease
Current NHS consultant posts held
- Consultant Cardiologist, Imaging Lead for Cardiology, Bedford Hospital NHS Trust
- Horonary Consultant Cardiologist, Royal Papworth NHS Trust
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Greek, Modern - Native or bilingual
- MBBS Democritus University of Thrace 2006
- MSc in Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics Democritus University of Thrace 2013
Reference number 7318111
Details of entry to specialist register
- Cardiology, 2018
Affiliations / memberships
- European Society of Cardiology
- British Society of Echocardiography
- British Heart Valve Society
- British Society of Cardiovascular Imaging
- Bedford HospitalSouth WingKempston...
- 08:00 - 12:30
- 01234 792119
- Ten Harley Street - Medical Consulting Rooms,...
- 09:30 - 14:00
- 01234 792119
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.