- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Trauma focused CBT
Helena is a Clinical Psychologist registered with the Health & Care Professions Council UK (HCPC). She draws from her experiences working with children, families and the professionals around them within NHS Child & Adolescent Mental Health Services, the charity sector, with education settings and the local authority. Helena takes a warm, playful approach to her work, centering the expertise and strengths of the individuals and families that see her. She draws from her training around child development, and a range of theoretical and therapeutic models to help develop a shared understanding of the current difficulties and strengths, and ways to enable change.
Helena integrates different therapeutic models in her approach, such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Solution Focused Therapy, Attachment, Clinical Neuropsychology, Systemic Therapy and Community Psychology (the relationship between an individual’s wellbeing with the wider societal context ) to best meet an individual or families’ needs. However Helena’s work is most influenced by Narrative Therapy, which views problems as separate from the individual/family, and assumes they have many skills, competencies, beliefs, values, commitments and abilities that will assist them to reduce the influence of problems in their lives.
Helena completed her doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology at the University of Surrey in 2012, and went onto specialise in narrative therapy and trauma approaches.
• Level 1 & 2 in Narrative Therapy (Institute of Narrative Therapy)
• Level 3 Narrative Therapy module - Working with the Effects of Trauma (Institute of Narrative Therapy)
• Tree of Life (Tavistock Clinic)
• Narrative Exposure Therapy for traumatized children and adolescents (KidNET) (Vivo)
Areas of interest
Children & Adolescents;
Difficulties adjusting to life transitions and events; Traumatic experiences and Loss; Struggles with identity; Low confidence/self-esteem; Emotional difficulties such as low mood and anxiety
- Video and telephone consultations
Current NHS consultant posts held
Specialist Clinical Psychologist - Newham Child & Adolescent Mental Health Services
- Doctorate in Psychology University of Surrey 2012
- Level 1 & 2 Narrative Therapy Institute of Narrative Therapy 2014
- Level 3 Narrative Therapy: Working with the effects of trauma Institute of Narrative Therapy 2017
- Tree of Life training Tavistock Clinic 2014
Affiliations / memberships
Health & Care Professions Council UK (HCPC)
- Granville Consultancy
- 14:00 - 18:00
- 07307 172556
- Mycenae House 90 Mycenae Road London SE3 7SE
- 09:00 - 12:30
- 07307 172556
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.