- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- General Orthopaedics
I am a consultant orthopaedic surgeon with special interest in Computer navigation assisted Hip and knee replacement. I routinely perform knee arthroscopic procedures, knee cartilage reconstruction procedures including PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) injection.
I work as a NHS consultant at Barking, Havering and Redbridge Hospital. My work is based at Queens Hospital, Romford and King George Hospital, Good Mayes.
I obtained my higher surgical training in Trauma and Orthopaedics on the North East Thames and London Deanery on the prestigious Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital (RNOH) rotation.
I trained in University hospitals like RNOH and the Great Ormond Street Hospital. I obtained trauma training at one of the London’s major trauma centre, the Royal London Hospital. I also obtained training in various district general hospitals in London and Essex.
I am Fellowship trained. My UK fellowships were the prestigious RNOH, Stanmore lower limb arthroplasty fellowship.
Armed with evidence of innovation in the form of computed assisted lower limb arthroplasty to aid provision of best outcomes for my arthroplasty patients, I completed my fellowship at The Golden Jubilee Hospital, Glasgow in computer navigation assisted hip and knee arthroplasty fellowship.
To further my experience, I completed a travelling fellowship in Germany in Rummelsberg in the reputed unit of Professor Wagner with experience in anterior approach hip arthroplasty. I have clinical and academic links with the unit
My additional leadership roles in my NHS hospital are
Infection lead for Department of Trauma and Orthopaedics: Current lead supervising and working with multidisciplinary team for accurate diagnosis and effective treatment of surgical site infections in elective and trauma patients
Clinical Audit Lead for Department of Trauma and Orthopaedics: Currently supervise all the clinical audit projects in the department
I have published in peer review journals and presented in many international and national orthopaedic conferences.I am a reviewer of original articles in Indian journal of Orthopaedics.
Further to my mandatory qualifications of MRCS, FRCSEd (Tr & Orth), I have completed my MSc (Tr &Orth) from the University College of London. I have also completed a formal Diploma in Computer assisted Orthopaedic surgery.
I use computer navigated surgery, which increases the accuracy of hip and knee replacement surgery further to improve the longevity of the artificial joint. My expertise in the computer navigation technology improves the functional outcome of my hip and knee replacement patients.
Areas of interest
Computer navigated Total Hip Replacement;
Computer navigated Total Knee Replacement;
Computer navigated partial knee Replacement;
Knee arthroscopy (Keyhole) surgery;
Knee Meniscal Repairs;PRP injections;
Knee cartilage reconstruction
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant in Trauma and Orthopaedics
Barking, Havering and Redbridge Hospitals nhs trust..
My work is based at Queens Hospital, Romford and King George Hospital, Good Mayes.
Computer navigation assisted orthopaedic surgery
Total Hip Replacement
Total knee replacement
I pursue my hobbies in music, travel, cricket and badminton
MSc (Tr & Orth) from UCL with Merit
PG Diploma in Computer assisted Orthopaedic Surgery
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Hindi - Native or bilingual
- Tamil - Native or bilingual
- Urdu - Native or bilingual
- Kannada - Native or bilingual
- Telugu - Native or bilingual
1. Satisfaction rates post total knee arthroplasty: is computer navigation the answer?
Bone and Joint journal (Br) Orthopaedic Proceedings December 2017.
2. ‘Computer assisted navigation in total knee and hip arthroplasty’ Publication in SICOT journal in July 2017.
3:50. doi: 10.1051/sicotj/2017034. Epub 2017 Jul 28.
2. ‘Hip surgery and its evidence base: progress over a decade?’ Journal of Orthopaedics and Traumatology
J Orthopaed Traumatol DOI 10.1007/s10195-016-0421-z July
Courses offered to GPs
Annual faculty in Essential orthopaedics for primary care at Queens Hospital,Romford
Outcomes (checked and approved by medical professional body)
Please click on this link if you would like to see information about this healthcare professional’s performance compared to their peers, as published by their medical professional body.https://www.nhs.uk/profiles/consultant/6038414
I perform computer navigation assisted Total Hip Replacement and Total knee replacements which substantially improves my accuracy & in turn have very low complication rates.
Re-admissions rate < 1%
Post operative infection <1%
Mortality rate- 0%
Patient satisfaction is reported in iwantgreatcare website:
- MBBS Bangalore Medical College 2000
- Diploma in Hospital Administration Indian Institute of Management & Technology, Chennai, India 2000
- MRCSEd Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, UK 2007
- MSc in Trauma and Orthopaedics MSc in Trauma and Orthopaedics 2014
- FRCSEd (Tr & Orth) Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, UK 2016
- Post Graduate Diploma in Principles of Computer Assisted Orthopaedic Surgery Computer Assisted Orthopaedic Surgery, United Kingdom (CAOS UK) 2017
Reference number 6038414
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Consultant in Trauma and orthopaedics Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals nhs Trust 2017
- Post CCT Lower Limb Arthroplasty Fellow RNOH, Stanmore 2017
- Post CCT Lower Limb Arthroplasty Fellow The Golden Jubilee National Hospital 2016
Details of entry to specialist register
- Trauma and Orthopaedics, 2016
Affiliations / memberships
Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (RCSEd)
British Orthopaedic Association (BOA)
Computer Assisted Orthopaedic Surgery, United Kingdom (CAOS UK)
- Eagle WayBRENTWOODCM13 3LE
- 09:00 - 12:30
- 01277 695695
- Roding Lane SouthRedbridgeILFORDIG4 5PZ
- 09:00 - 12:30
- 020 8551 1100
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
020 8709 7806